+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend chose the baby's daddy over me. Why?

My girlfriend chose the baby's daddy over me. Why?

I've known this girl for almost 5 years. Talked to her almost everyday. We became great friends and we decided to be together. I asked her if she had feelings for anybody else and if so, to tell me so I wouldn't hurt myself in the long run. She said she was in love with me and that she wanted me to stay. Around the same time I asked her to be mine I noticed she starting talking on the phone to another friend, ALOT! She'd leave the room and ignore me for hours at a time. Be alot more angry with me about nothing. I told her to just talk to me about it. Just communicate! She said it was nothing. So she invites her friend over and they sit me down to tell me that she's pregnant. The same girl that admitted she was in love with me our entire friendship, ACCIDENTALLY, got pregnant a month before this to her friend. I tried to talk to her about it. There are alternate ways to staying with me and still letting the kid have a normal life. But, she says that for the baby's sake, that her and her friend should be together so the baby grows up in a stable environment. I respect what she says. But instead of telling me this when she knew, she told me she wanted me to stay here with her and she was in love with me. I left another state to come see her. I sold all my personal possessions just to come down here like she asked. I left all of my childhood friends, family, and well basically everything for her. If she was truly in love with me she would've communicated, right? She's still in her first trimester. She could have an abortion? We could still be together and they could trade it off? Why did she make the choice she did? Was it for the baby? Or was she never in love with me at all? And if not. Why put me through so much hell. Recently, before we broke it off, she said she will always be in love with me and we had sex! lol. Two days after that we break it off and she's sleeping with her babies daddy. Is she just a whore that I thought I loved? I need some help please. It was almost 5 years. I'm hurt.

~N. Storey

You knowingly left your childhood home and possessions for this girl, I hope you thought about the consequences of doing so. So who says you can't go back home? Wouldn't you be happier with your friends and family?

The girl made a choice that she wanted and you should be disgusted with her for being pregnant, not trying to get her to abort the baby... OR HAVE SEX WITH HER. What is your problem? She slept with someone else and got pregnant, and you are still trying to find a way to make it work out. Talk about winning the Unintelligence Olympics.

Let the girl have her baby with the baby daddy and effing LEAVE. Just because you move away from your home town doesn't mean that your hometown is blown off the planet so that you can never return.

I hope you read what you wrote up there and it gave you some personal insight.
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

Sometimes man, we fall in love with the wrong people and its all terrible. I know how much it hurts, but I'll be honest...there is NOTHING you can do to change it, you should hate her because of what a terrible thing she did, and now she'll have to pay the consequences.

She is being responsible if she wants the family to stay together, but you can't think of yourself anymore, she has a child on the way.

You have to go back home and forget her, because the best you'll ever be is "the other" guy, and she'll use you up if she wants to keep you around.

Move out, move back, and move on.
    I've been having these weird thoughts lately...Like....is any of this real or not?