+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teen Love Trouble

Teen Love Trouble

Hey. My name is Luna. I am only 15 years old but I need help. But before I get to my current situation, I need to give you some background. At the beginning of last school year, I met a guy in my high school's drama club and went completely GAGA over him. However, I had a boyfriend at the time and we had been dating for about 6 months already. And when I went to tell one of my best friends that I had a crush on this guy, let's call him Damian, she decides to cut me off and tell me she likes him...needless to say it was not fun telling her I felt the same way. And there is something else you need to know about my friend, this is her first crush. Which is big for her. But I can never stop thinking about this guy. I feel like he is exactly right for me. We both dance, sing, and act. We like the same things and we can really talk...I went into a kind of, pit of depression when I realized I couldn't have him. I barely talked to anyone, I was always doodling heartbreaking pictures and writing depressing poems. I know this is probably infatuation but I don't want Damian to get in between me and Alice. I have lived the past 10 months completely head-over-heels for this guy. My boyfriend and I broke up in January. Partially because of this situation. I'm not good at hiding a crush. I started dating a new guy in April, in an attempt to get over Damian, and I like him very much. I told him straight away about my infatuation with Damian so it wouldn't get in the way this time and we get through it.
    Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, Damian went through a very big problem with his current living situation and was thrown out of his house. He moved back to Arkansas with his family very briefly but he wanted to come back to the town we live in. My mom, being the very kind person she is, said he could stay with us for this school year. He got back here today and the feelings I have for him definitely made themselves present in my mind again. So here is my question. Is it a mistake having him live with us? Should I ignore the feelings I have for him (that I blame on hormones) and go on with my life? What should I do? Please help me!

-YoungLuv (Luna)
    Last edited by YoungLuv; 09-08-10 at 12:13 PM. Reason: new thoughts

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Its very easy to get infatuated with someone who does exactly the same things as you. He's basically you, only with a penis. But you don't know who he really is. You're even in a mess with your own relationships. That in itself doesn't help. I'm sure you went 'GAGA' with your first boyfriend too. Then you went to jump onto a second boyfriend in a few months like nothing happened. You're changing boyfriends like they were clothes. What if someone better came along than this Damian person and you went 'GAGA' over him again? then another one... and another one...? 'LIKE' never ends. you'll always find a reason or excuse why you should be with this guy or that guy.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    Its very easy to get infatuated with someone who does exactly the same things as you. He's basically you, only with a penis. But you don't know who he really is. You're even in a mess with your own relationships. That in itself doesn't help. I'm sure you went 'GAGA' with your first boyfriend too. Then you went to jump onto a second boyfriend in a few months like nothing happened. You're changing boyfriends like they were clothes. What if someone better came along than this Damian person and you went 'GAGA' over him again? then another one... and another one...? 'LIKE' never ends. you'll always find a reason or excuse why you should be with this guy or that guy.
    I do know him though. After said first impression, I really learned who he was. And I like that guy better than who I originally saw. This has never happened to me before. And it scares me. I have only had 3 boyfriends in my life...I'm still very nieve
    Last edited by YoungLuv; 09-08-10 at 12:11 PM.

OMG, 3 boyfriends by the age of 15....i had none till i turned 19....
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Really? Can you tell me 5 things that makes him stand out from the rest?

And it shouldn't include
    We both dance, sing, and act
    This is not High school musical

who cares if he looks like this?

The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    who cares if he looks like this?

suddenly I feel the urge to find a cucumber

Really? Can you tell me 5 things that makes him stand out from the rest?

And it shouldn't include

This is not High school musical
    First of all, *pukes at the thought of High School Musical*

1) He doesn't care what anybody else thinks
    2) He makes up random days to dress up for no reason (Ex. We had an Emo day in January)
    3) He has had to go through a lot of tough things in his life (His mom moving away with his brother, getting thrown out more than 5 times)
    4) He is nice to EVERYBODY. Even if they are jerks to him
    5) he is his own person. he is whoever he wants

Well, that's not much actually. That IS a high school musical answer. But given you're history at handling relationships, I really didn't expect you to go beyond this. I suggest that you stick with whoever you are with right now. Stop changing boyfriends like they're your underwear. Learn how to stick to one and learn to make things work.

Well, that's not much actually. That IS a high school musical answer. But given you're history at handling relationships, I really didn't expect you to go beyond this. I suggest that you stick with whoever you are with right now. Stop changing boyfriends like they're your underwear. Learn how to stick to one and learn to make things work.
    Keep in mind that she is 15. I hope you weren't expecting deeply philosophical answers to your question.

3 boyfriends at your age is a lot. You sound like you are very outgoing and active, which is a very good thing. I was more shy and introverted at your age in high school. It's okay that you have so many crushes on all these different boys, but do make an attempt to understand how these guys feel when you simply toss them aside to go for the next best thing. Imagine how you'd feel if Damien agreed to go out with you, but then said, "I have a HUGE crush on this other chick, so I can't be too serious about you." Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Keep in mind that she is 15. I hope you weren't expecting deeply philosophical answers to your question.

3 boyfriends at your age is a lot. You sound like you are very outgoing and active, which is a very good thing. I was more shy and introverted at your age in high school. It's okay that you have so many crushes on all these different boys, but do make an attempt to understand how these guys feel when you simply toss them aside to go for the next best thing. Imagine how you'd feel if Damien agreed to go out with you, but then said, "I have a HUGE crush on this other chick, so I can't be too serious about you." Ouch.
    Sorry, I was expected to act like an adult at this age. I really should try and tone down at time huh?

Sorry, I was expected to act like an adult at this age. I really should try and tone down at time huh?
    Even if you were expected to act like an adult, I'm sure you made some bad decision as a result of your immaturity and lack of life experience, right?

Absolutely

Bad side: higher expectation = bigger chance of getting chewed out by parents.

Good side: higher expectation = You'll learn to smarten up a lot earlier and quicker in life.

Absolutely

Bad side: higher expectation = bigger chance of getting chewed out by parents.

Good side: higher expectation = You'll learn to smarten up a lot earlier and quicker in life.
    Haha, totally agreed. That is why I am proud to say I am one smart, well-rounded cookie at the age of 25. My mother did a great job with me.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Haha, totally agreed. That is why I am proud to say I am one smart, well-rounded cookie at the age of 25. My mother did a great job with me.
    i hope i'll be like you when i'm your age. only 7 years to go
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast