+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Cheater

A Cheater

So, to start with, I usually keep high moral standards and I feel very bad about this. In a bad lack of judgement (due to alcohol) i ended up making out with this guy who was in a relationship and even an apartment with another girl. I know that there is no excuse for this but I was wondering if other guys could give me an insight on if this guy is a typical cheater or just made a bad mistake. Prior to the incident he told me that he wasn't sure about his relationship and then before it happened that she would never have to know. After a pretty serious makeout when I finally got enough sense in me to tell him it wasn't right and stop, he acted upset that it happened saying he didn't know what to do. Then he concluded that we probably shouldn't tell his gf because she would leave him and he thought that she could be the one. Asking if I was okay with keeping it a secret. To me it seems like a typical player..

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    You got it all figured out
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Well, i would forget lables for now.What transpired is he broke his commitment of trust to his GF and if he did it with her, he will likely do it again. When I'm single, I see many women cuz its fun but I do not see folks in a relationship and its a turn off to me if they are.

Is he a 'player'? I don't use such terms anymore. He's a liar and mixed up with no integrity. but if those qualities do not matter to you and you give priority to your physical desires, then have it. I know exactly how that can be. But, be respectful and classy when you decide to get your groove on. There are many single guys out there so I see no need to shop in the taken or mixed up aisle.
    We learn about ourselves in relationship with others.

the fact that he said 'my gf doesn't have to know' makes it sound like he's done this kinda thing before.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Sounds like you have the right idea already, avoid this guy like the plague. Cheating isn't acceptable. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    the fact that he said 'my gf doesn't have to know' makes it sound like he's done this kinda thing before.
    Absolutely, my advice is to stay well clear of this guy and take it as lesson learned.

He sounds like he's pretty good at figuring out what someone wants to hear. Poor girlfriend.
    Spammer Spanker

yes, i feel horrible...

you may not have done the right thing but neither did he. and now you've recognised that it's wrong and i wouldn't be as hard on yourself. he sounds like a manipulative ass IMO.

Yeah, I know. Can't change what's already happened. Just gotta live and learn.

I guess I was sorta hoping that maybe there was a chance he wasn't lying when he told me that this was the first time it's ever happened. We were both reallly drunk and he truly seemed like such a good guy (i know, that's what they all say). Not that it'd really make things better..

What was he doing getting really drunk with someone else while he's in a relationship in the first place? If that's not setting the situation up, I don't know what is. Isn't that kind of a red flag, someone3?
    Spammer Spanker

as long as you just write it off as something to learn from we won't judge too much

If every guy showed his true colors the first time we met them, we wouldn't make half the mistakes we make!

I once hooked up with a guy who I thought was "recently single". After the hook-up it turned to "on a break" and then full blown "been dating for 2 years"

Asshole, yes. But I didn't do anything wrong, because I thought he was single when it happened. When I found out that he was in a relationship, I avoided him. The girl eventually broke up with him anyway, it's really a karma thing. Everytime I think about him, I laugh because he was so cute, yet had such a low self-esteem that he just HAD to cheat on his poor gf. Loser-douche!
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

Quote Originally Posted by lovefool87 View Post
    Loser-douche!
    best insult ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast