+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panic Attacks in sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Tea does contain caffeine, and chocolate, while very moderately, also does contain caffeine.

Try to adjust the time of your ritual, maybe a little earlier if you can't bring yourself to quit it entirely.

When was the last time you had sex, or a massage?
    i'll try doing that this week and hopefully it will help, controlling my intake of caffeine i mean. does smoking affect sleep as well?

sex - last year most likely, massage last week.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, that was the biggest shock I've had since being licensed. I had absolutely NO idea how many people are medicated.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Thanks Vash. I mentioned the worst thing and doctor in the same sentence before because there seems to be some stigma attached to this condition. When the doctor looked at my stats he gave me that "You know, I could be helping somebody with a real problem right now" type of a look, which made me feel a bit embarrased. I wish there was some kind of catch all technique or at least a place to go to which deals specifically with these types of things. Because, these anxiety attacks when they happen can be pretty scary especially for someone who doesn't know what's going on. I read that a lot of people with panic attack outbreaks end up in the emergency room because they think they're having a heart attack only to be sent home embarrased with a bill.
    that's exactly what i felt from my doctor. he said that someone my age shouldn't be so paranoid. i guess he is right.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yeah, that was the biggest shock I've had since being licensed. I had absolutely NO idea how many people are medicated.
    i've always believed that i'd rather suffer than lose all sense of reality.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    So, how many of those are our actual health professionals?

(serious question, btw)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    So, how many of those are our actual health professionals?

(serious question, btw)
    I couldn't really say... I've only had a few of those as patients (one doctor and a couple of nurses). They have not been addicts.

Of course, there are those that are. Once in a while, I hear about someone who has been busted for stealing drugs....

On the whole, though, I don't see many doctors or nurses being willing to go down that road. We see on a routine basis how ugly it gets.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

busted from stealing drugs from the hospital? that is so nurse jackie

I'm worried about you now!

Are these dead people you're seeing just random corpses or people you knew?
    Spammer Spanker

people i knew and it's really horrifying. i see them in all conditions.

Oh, that is really disturbing. I think you need some trauma counseling. Something in your unconscious mind is clearly wanting some attention.
    Spammer Spanker

but i am not a fan counseling at all. i am a do it myself girl. i guess i need to read up on it a little.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Indig, i feel for you. I have had panic attacks in my sleep on and off for the last 18 months, they arent nice. They only started to lessen when i started to deal with the root cause of them.
    I know you say you arent a fan of counselling, but neither was I- it took me a while to get the nerve to go to sessions and see them through. They have helped me to an extent, so maybe they can help you?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

could you please comment on how they have helped you?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They have helped in a few ways. They helped me outwardly acknowledge what had happened (the reason i needed the counselling in the first place) and start to be accepting of my emotions i felt towards this.
    My panic attacks were/are of a trigger event, and they always are of this one thing that is related to death. Just talking and expressing my feelings to someone who is really actually listening without judging was the biggest factor for me, because in talking openly about these things, it was like opening myself up to allow myself to heal...until i started my sessions I was kidding myself thinking that I was ok, it wasnt until i started them properly that i realised i really wasnt.

I know everybodies reasons/circumstances are different, and counselling helps in different ways for different people, but just thought it might be of some help as yours seem to focus around death?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

but i can't really say that i was traumatized by death

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast