+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panic Attacks in sleep

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, but i was just saying how it helped me- regardless of circumstance, if you have deeper rooted issues (regardless of what they are) then counselling may be an idea. I'm just saying dont rule it out straight away.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    but i can't really say that i was traumatized by death
    Neither was I, but I see what qwerty is saying. For me for example these attacks happen around the time of exams. Exams are pretty difficult because the subjects I'm doing are outside of my proffesional field and I need to get a credit average for each subject (a pass is not good enough and won't help me finish the degree), not getting a credit means having to repeat the subject and extending the time it takes me to complete the entire degree. Since a lot is riding on me finishing this degree quickly I find that I put a lot of pressure on myself to have everything done fast and on time. I guees these attacks tell me that there are limits on how much pressure I can put on myself. What qwerty is saying I think is that it's important to listen to the "inner you" and counseling is one way this can help.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

but i am not a fan counseling at all. i am a do it myself girl. i guess i need to read up on it a little.
    Yeah, you sound a lot like me. While I don't see dead people in my dreams, I have had issues with anxiety for years. It's taken me a long to get a grip on it, but I've finally got some great things that work for me.

Typically, my anxiety comes on right before bed while I'm relaxing and winding down. All of my issues start to line up, waiting to get a crack at my psyche. And then I'll stay awake, worrying. It's terrible, or it used to be anyway. I started doing deep breathing exercises and I also utilize self massage techniques. Personally, I really respond well to touch as it is something my mother would do to calm me down when I was little (massaging my scalp, hands, and feet).

I went on Youtube and began to look up relaxation videos. There are some super awesome ones. This one lady, Lita, has the most soothing voice I've ever heard. I also watch instructional massage videos (as weird as that sounds) because the narrator usually has a soothing voice, the music is relaxing, and the massages look really nice

I cut caffeine out of my evening habits and stick to herbal teas like chamomile with honey. Or if I'm hungry, I'll have a light snack like some toast with butter and honey. I also gave myself a stable nightly ritual that helps my body relax and shutdown before bed. I'll wash my face, brush my teeth, take out my contacts. This lets my body know it's time to relax and get ready for bed.

My anxiety is so much more under control now. It's taken a while of consistent practice, but it has helped tremendously.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I couldn't really say... I've only had a few of those as patients (one doctor and a couple of nurses). They have not been addicts.
    Not addicts. I wonder how many are coping on happy pills.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Yeah, you sound a lot like me. While I don't see dead people in my dreams, I have had issues with anxiety for years. It's taken me a long to get a grip on it, but I've finally got some great things that work for me.

Typically, my anxiety comes on right before bed while I'm relaxing and winding down. All of my issues start to line up, waiting to get a crack at my psyche. And then I'll stay awake, worrying. It's terrible, or it used to be anyway. I started doing deep breathing exercises and I also utilize self massage techniques. Personally, I really respond well to touch as it is something my mother would do to calm me down when I was little (massaging my scalp, hands, and feet).

I went on Youtube and began to look up relaxation videos. There are some super awesome ones. This one lady, Lita, has the most soothing voice I've ever heard. I also watch instructional massage videos (as weird as that sounds) because the narrator usually has a soothing voice, the music is relaxing, and the massages look really nice

I cut caffeine out of my evening habits and stick to herbal teas like chamomile with honey. Or if I'm hungry, I'll have a light snack like some toast with butter and honey. I also gave myself a stable nightly ritual that helps my body relax and shutdown before bed. I'll wash my face, brush my teeth, take out my contacts. This lets my body know it's time to relax and get ready for bed.

My anxiety is so much more under control now. It's taken a while of consistent practice, but it has helped tremendously.
    my thing is that i don't have anxiety when i am awake, when i feel an intense wave of stress coming over i am able to control it well, or just change what i am doing. changing environments really helps keep things under control for me.

btw the last two nights since i've quit chocolate, have been really good to me so far.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You sound fine, Dig. Unless this is affecting your waking life, its just a way to relieve stress. Like teeth grinding, which I used to do as a student--most did, according to my dentist.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

or drooling...i still drool lol.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

my thing is that i don't have anxiety when i am awake, when i feel an intense wave of stress coming over i am able to control it well, or just change what i am doing. changing environments really helps keep things under control for me.

btw the last two nights since i've quit chocolate, have been really good to me so far.
    Well, I was getting at the fact that maybe altering your nightly routine might help better your sleep patterns. This is generally true for a lot of sleep trouble, though I'm unsure about yours. Getting a solid routine, a healthy diet, and a relaxing atmosphere might help. Unless you already do all of this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123