+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New GF never takes off a necklace (from an ex??)

New GF never takes off a necklace (from an ex??)

Hey everyone,

So I just got a new girlfriend two months ago, and so far everything's great - but there's just one little thing that's kind of bugging me and I think maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I want to know what you guys think...

There's this necklace she wears that she never (and I literally mean NEVER) takes off. Every time I see her she's wearing it, she doesn't even take it off in the shower or swimming - we were having a day by the lake a little while ago and I sort of just casually said - oh hey, maybe you should take that off before you get in (it looks like silver), but she said she liked to keep it on. So then I asked her what was special about it - and she said "a good friend" gave it to her. So then I sort of jokingly asked, "Did this friend die or something?" and she said no and kind of got a bit angry at me - I suppose it would have been a bit insensitive if the friend actually had died.

Anyways, she didn't want to talk about it then, but the last time we had sex a few days ago (she never takes it off for that either) she got it caught in her hair so I suggested again she take it off, and she just insisted that she didn't want to - it was so weird, so I asked if it was an ex-BF who gave it to her. She insisted the friend wasn't an ex, but then she did admit that she had a "fling" with this guy earlier in the year before we got together. I then said that if it was just a "fling" why did he give her the necklace and why did she never take it off? She got close up again then and said she didn't want to talk about it and she swears there's nothing going on. I'm the kind of person who takes things at face value, but I'm not sure if she was telling me the truth... If she wasn't interested in this guy, why did they sleep together, and why this attachment to the necklace?? I don't even know this dude's name - and if he's such a good friend why haven't I met him? I want to ask her these things, but I'm afraid it'll just make her more upset...

What do you guys think? Do I have anything to worry about here or am I making mountains out of molehills?

It might be a molehill, but that would piss me off too.
    Spammer Spanker

Seems pretty weird. Like she's holding on to the necklace a little too hard core, she hasn't let go of that guy obviously and is holding onto him any way she can. I wear a necklace all the time but its one my grandma left me after she passed away in March. I wouldn't feel the same about any jewelry anyone else had given me though.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a necklace I almost never take off. To be honest, I think it's a bit odd you would even notice her necklace when she's naked.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

it does seem odd. but i dun think she's ready to tell u more about it...
    i guess tht guy really means sth to her...otherwise she wouldn't care about the necklace so much.
    did u tell her that u dun feel good about this?

Okay, I'm glad you guys think it's weird too - do you think I should confront her about it again or should I wait until she feels comfortable enough to tell me the full story? I don't want to come across as the pushy, jealous type...

You're being dumb. It's just a necklace. If everything else is going well you should let it go.

If she wants to wear it, you know what, it's her neck. Why is it so important to you that she take it off. Are you some kind of controlling boyfriend? If she starts lying about where she:s going/been or starts acting distant, then you can worry.

haha lol ^vashti

Seriously, it's a necklace ffs!!

If she cheated, then you would have something to whine and whinge about.

Grow up you child!!

I would suggest buying her a necklace from you, but obviously she is attached to this one. :/
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

It's not the necklace that bothers him; it's what the necklace represents. Her unwillingness to ever remove it combined with her romantic history with the guy who gave it to her, makes the OP insecure. He's wondering, if she's so attached to this guy, how the hell does she feel about me?

However, 2 months might not be long enough for her to want to open up about it. I would sit down and talk to her.. Tell her that you don't want to be pushy, but that you feel insecure about her history with this "fling" guy. 'Cause that is the real issue.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is it a nice necklace? Or a piece of crap? Some people love their bling, regardless of how they got it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Take what Vashti says with a grain of salt. A lot of 16-year-old girls are going through a, "I'M A WOMAN I'M FREE TO DO WHATEVER I WANT BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" phase.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope she's older than 16, and yes, she CAN do whatever she wants.

If you really want her to take the necklace off, make her fall madly in love with you and then buy her another one.

Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    Take what Vashti says with a grain of salt. A lot of 16-year-old girls are going through a, "I'M A WOMAN I'M FREE TO DO WHATEVER I WANT BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" phase.
    Weak. I saw your reply and totally thought you'd make a crack about the OP giving his new lady a pearl necklace. Softie.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast