+ Follow This Topic

Thread: weird guy

weird guy

Hi everyone!
    Here's my story.
    There's this boy which I've been developing a crush on, and I think he kinda likes me but I'm really, REALLY confused by his way of having conversations with me.
    I just met him about a month ago and we're pretty much alike. Oh, scratch that; we're practically CLONES. It's really fun because we grew up the same way and we have the same interests blablabla.
    I know he's pretty shy. My friend that knows him for about half a year told me before that he was a really introverted person and that he barely talked with people that are not inside his small friend circle.
    It was pretty odd, the first time I met him. We didn't talk at all.
    I then proceeded to add him on facebook, though nothing happened for a while. Then he left me a message asking if there was any way of communication in which we could talk.
    He added me on AIM and we started talking like crazy. It was quite nice getting to know a person that thinks the way you do.
    Then a week later, we hanged out with some friends and he sat next to me on the movie. We couldn't stop talking and everything appeared to go well that day.
    Since that day on, he's very difficult to talk on AIM, he barely answers me back. He does start the conversation sometimes but we can't keep it going like we used too.
    It's really strange since we can talk pretty good in person and my friend told me that he's never been that open with people, that it seemed weird to him that he could talk to me so well.
    He has sent me text messages inviting me to go to places, he brought me a souvenir from his trip and apparently it seemed prettier and more expensive than the ones he brought to his other best friends. He also left me a "imu" message on my facebook wall when he was travelling.
    I'm confused since the short conversations on AIM keep goin on and he doesn't appear to have any interest I guess.
    Any opinions? :c

OH and btw, were both 16.
    Last edited by technicolor; 11-08-10 at 12:59 PM.

Maybe he is confused on where you stand as well?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

That is how introverted people act. He probably feells overwhelmed at times. Remember girls mature sooner than guys. He obviously likes you so give it some time.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    At some point, people run out of things to talk to. Nothing surprising. And at 16, there's not much history to talk about life either. Its not a basis for like or dislike
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

wow young love. lol those days. take it easy. dont read too much of it. believe me, if he wants you then he will make all the first move.

Thanks, I will surely give it some time then.
    It's a bit depressing since I want to talk to him but I'm not in the same high school and he can't keep an online conversation goin... :c
    lol young love hahah

People run out of things to talk about. Anyway, face-to-face communication is much better than text-based chatting.

Relish healthy communication. Most of communication is based on body language anyway.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

So should I ask him out with a group of friends? Or should I wait till he asks me to go?
    Thanks everyone btw!
    And yes, nothing beats a good old face-to-face conversation though sometimes they turn out to be awkward xD

I suggest you try to talk to him in person which is way better than any online method.
    It doesn't seem to me that he has lost interest in you, but more that something is holding him back to talk or that he doesn't know what to talk about in an online situation. It can be that he just feels a bit uncomfortable for some reason.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by technicolor View Post
    So should I ask him out with a group of friends? Or should I wait till he asks me to go?
    Thanks everyone btw!
    And yes, nothing beats a good old face-to-face conversation though sometimes they turn out to be awkward xD
    You claimed to be clones. You can't be awkward if you look at yourself in the mirror right? Anyway, don't take it so literally, face to face doesn't have to be face to face, you could walk around. That way, you'll also see things that might be of interest which can be a topic. You don't have to sit in a coffee shop and stare right into his eyes.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

If he isnt that conversational then I would say try and make ur intentions obvious(IE lots of flirting if you like him) and hopefully he will pick up the ball cause it sounds like he like you.

i don't think he's lost interest- otherwise he wouldn't initiate some conversations online. were you talking like, every day online? sometimes nothing decent happens that day hence, not having anything to talk about it's a natural thing for everyone. perhaps initiate talking every other day or so if you want to talk to him. if he's shy he therefore won't feel like his space is suddenly getting invaded and at the same time, you'll have loads more to chat about. and you don't have to wait for him to ask you to go somewhere- it'll probably take the pressure off if you somewhat split the asking out. you'll make yourself out to be confident and friendly.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

I tried texting him today at school.
    He left me a "thanks for the messages (:" on my fb wall.
    I just sent him some lyrics from a song, haha.
    I'm happy hahahaha.
    thanks everyone! I'll surely follow your wise advices! (: