+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused dot com

confused dot com

Hey y'all

So i met this absolutely beautiful girl at the weekend, she pretty much approached me and later proceeded to offer me her number without my asking for it. We chatted for quite a while, although she was a bit down because she just saw her ex. Which I could understand as I have very recently been heartbroken!

Anyway, so since then we've been texting, and yesterday I asked her out on a date which she said yes to, and we're going out on Monday (a little while but we're both busy). The funny thing is usually when I'm texting a girl or first meet there's lots of questions and flirting etc. Now she's 26yrs old, 2 years older than me, which isn't a problem for me at all, although she made a couple of jokes about my age when we met. The odd thing is I've asked her questions like, what is she interested in, a bit about where she's from etc, she's answered, but she hasn't really asked me any personal questions at all.

Now if she wasn't interested she wouldn't have agreed to a date, and perhaps she is busy, I just don't get her lack of, basically, conversational skills... :-S

Am I not asking the right questions?? Is this kind of thing normal? The last couple of girls I dated were very talkative, full of questions and quite long texts, with interesting subjects. She seems a little, either uninterested or quite dull!

Sorry for the super long post for such a simple subject, just thought I'd give a little background!

She made the first steps, so she in interested, at least a little. But that depends on her motivations. If she approached you with the hope of changing her mind about her ex, then you're doomed. Once she sees that we can't avoid the suffering of the heart, he idea of being with you will wither. But, that's assuming she was just trying to swim out of her pool of inner goo. Now, if she was just trying to get in touch with you, there might be a lot of different reasons why she is not talkative. Some girls just want presence, some just want comfort. It depends on her motivations. Talk to her about it. Tell her you want to know what she's feeling, and if you can help out, you'll just be there for her. Usually this is what it takes to get a girl to talk.

Don't feel ashamed of being a human. We're all human after all, and we all have the same issues.

hey thanks for the reply, i went on a date with this girl last monday....it was brief and expensive and she just said thanks for the email and left, i got a text the next day saying she wasnt looking for anything.

guess i just wasnt her type after all! but thanks for the reply.