+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seriously need a males view on this. Is it just sex??

Seriously need a males view on this. Is it just sex??

Im gunna try and keep this as short as possible.

Ive known this guy 10 years now, we've always been friends but over the last few years we've spoken and seen each other more and i would consider him one of my best male friends. I have just come out of a 4 year relationship and now im single me and this guy have started sleeping together.

We get on really well, and can talk and joke all night. The sex is amazing he's expressed to me that he doesnt want a relationship and neither do i as ive just gont out a long relationship.

But theres a few things that makes me think its more than sex. The first time we slept together and i stayed at his we spoke for hourrs till like 4 in the morning. He never just has sex then leaves, we always hang out and talk about life etc. We cuddle and kiss etc.

Any thoughts on this??

He is not treating you like a whore. He enjoys your company.If both of you enjoy each other why worry about imposing constraints or making predictions. Relish the moment and see where things lead.

It sounds like the start of a great relationship. Just see where it goes. Maybe, you will both start to want a relationship with each other.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Until it's explicitly stated, though, you shouldn't get yourself emotionally invested in having a relationship. Sure, it could go there, but right now it has been agreed that it will not go there, and you have to be somewhat reserved or you'll get hurt.

Short version: until further notice, yes, it's just about sex.
    Spammer Spanker

It's about sex at the minute, as Giga says.

He's getting the benefits of being in a relationship and without being in a relationship.

Because you have been his friend for 10 years, is why he doesn't buzz off after sex. He is used to your company and enjoys having you around obviously.

But I don't think he sees you as a potential partner.

People can be friends and enjoy each others company....but there has to be more there and to want to committ to someone.

Men usually have no qualms in forming relationships with women they are really into - alas, this guy is not that into you, or he'd want to make you HIS woman.

Some men can also have sex, without having emotional feelings for a woman.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 17-08-10 at 03:26 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    one of you is gonna get hurt that's practically inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    It sounds like the start of a great relationship. Just see where it goes. Maybe, you will both start to want a relationship with each other.
    Or maybe he will just enjoy shagging the arse off her until a woman he does want a relationship with comes along....