+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official. I'm a complete and total moron...

It's official. I'm a complete and total moron...

Yes, pile it on because I deserve it.....

To cut a long story short I posted here many times about an ex gf I had who had a long distance bf and didn't tell me about him for 8 months until I discovered it myself. I'll skip all of the rest of the details and answer as needed, but anyways after maybe 3-4 months completely broken off and NC I ended up getting together with a long time friend who I had developed feelings for. Somehow on the exact same day the ex contacts me and tells me she loves me, how she's so sorry for what she did, about how she knows what she wants now and it's only me and that she and the ex are over.

At first I just figured she was lying like she always had and dismissed her time and time again. I told her to leave me alone and that it's too late for that. But she stayed around, repeating that she loves me and i'm the only one she wants to be with. And I let my emotions get the better of me so I started to believe her. And not only did I start to believe her but in my heart I hoped that there would become a legitimate way for my gf to break with me. So, low and behold a few weeks later my gf started huffing and puffing about something, started an argument over some doubts and fears she had about me. Well, if I really really felt that love in my heart what she said were things I could've worked through, but I didn't so I let it go. I did really care about my gf (and I still do) but I could never stop thinking about my ex who was pretty much my first real love. It was so serious that I almost even proposed to that girl.

Anyways after me and my gf broke up I went back to my ex like a moron. Hoping that she had changed like she said she had. Dreaming of being able to re-do everything and have the future I had envisioned. So I go to her and tell her the "good news" and she says "you took too long, i'm sorry but we can be friends." The girl who was professing her undying love to me no more than 3 days prior is now telling me what she feels is friendship. So there I realize I got played AGAIN, in an equally as painful way as I did the first time. But this one feels especially worse because "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me."

So right now I fell stupid, ashamed, dejected, rejected, moronic, and pretty much like I wanna tie a rock to my leg and jump in the ocean (figuratively). I don't know how i'm gonna ever come out of this one.
    Last edited by soulsurvivor23; 11-08-10 at 11:17 PM.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

I can't freaking believe you did that. What did we all tell you? You don't listen!
    Spammer Spanker

Yes I know. All of you guys warned me, my friends warned me, my family warned me, and I did it anyways. There's no excuse and I deserve what i'm feeling right now.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

Well, how long are you going to punish yourself? I suggest a week. A whole week of feeling like a dirty mop with shit for brains and no sense of self preservation.

Then pull yourself together and DON'T do it again. Remember, it's not a waste of time if you learn something from it.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, how long are you going to punish yourself? I suggest a week. A whole week of feeling like a dirty mop with shit for brains and no sense of self preservation.

Then pull yourself together and DON'T do it again. Remember, it's not a waste of time if you learn something from it.
    Thats the truth!

Hey! You learned your lesson right? Just don't make the same mistake again. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Ugh. Dude. You better sit in solace and learn from this. Don't you dare go running to that poor girl you broke up with.

Karma is a mother****er.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Karma is a mother****er.
    The only word I have to say after that is "YUP!"
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Is it considered a time out still if you sit in the corner and stare at the wall for six months?

You are grounded. No more contact with any female for a long, long time.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Save that extreme optimism for when you actually find a lady that deserves it, Survivor.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You're one dumb son of a bitch. I say that with as much respect as possible

Ugh, that's a painful story, but I feel for ya cause we all do stupid things in life. I don't know of anyone that wouldn't wanna go back and change a few brain dead mistakes they've made with people in the past.. but since we can't do that, the best we can do is learn from our mistakes.

I liked it, a good story with a good lesson in the end. Well, hopefully you will learn from this and be wiser in the future.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

That completely and utterly sucks. Lesson learned though, right? Why not trying to get back together with your ex? (The one you dumped for your "first real love".) Maybe she'll be loving enough to take you back??
    Hope you'll be okay later on.
    SAULE. reaching for something higher than the sky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast