+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he being over protective!

Is he being over protective!

Okay, so I had my share of relationships, and met this guy that i really care and is falling in love with, we are both of different backgrounds. Anyhows, he does not want me to be talking to no guys - or start any conversation with any guys unless it is my family or brothers. I have tried to explain to him that I am truthful and faithful to him, but he feels that since I am his girl, that he needs a girl who is a lady, not someone that others call a "hoe" we are always fighting about this, I understand where he is coming from, he says guys only want to talk to you to get one thing, that is not true, but i dont want to loose him, i love him dearly, but I am afraid, he will make me not have a life outside of him.

He believes that no girls are faithful, and that he cant trust me too much but he loves me.

Why is he like this?

He's an insecure jerk or a conservative Muslim. Or both. This behavior is only going to get worse, as he will try to separate you from half the human race. You could try talking to him about it, but he's so extreme that I doubt it will help. Stay with him and live life in isolation, or break up and live free.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I am west indian, and he is dominican - I think he is being insecure, and feels that me talking to guy friends will lead to other things.
    i told him he is being a jerk, and if he doesn't trust me now, he will never trust me later on.
    GUYS!!!! URGH!!!

This is one of the typical traits of abusive men.

This is just the early stages. Later, he'll try to isolate you from your friends and family and his jealousy will reach even more insane heights. Ultimately, his insecurity will come out in physical abuse. He'll be kicking your ass daily and you'll be wondering where it all went so wrong.

This is where. Right now, when he starts trying to control what you do and who you talk to.

Dump his ass. He's no good.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's being totally unreasonable. And I wouldn't call him over PROTECTIVE I'd call him CONTROLLING. I suspect he'd give you a good smack across the face if you disobey him.

A "lady" isn't called a hoe 'cause she chats with men. A "lady" knows how to handle herself repectfully around men. A woman stands up for herself to idiots like your bf.

OMG. lol well if you dont want him to control you then find a guy that wont. lol how hard is that?
    have you seen when harry met sally? the theory on that movie is true. believe it or not, guys dont want to waste their time. if you are in their friend circle then they would want to **** you. if you dont believe it then let me give you a test. bend over in front of your so called guy friend and spread your legs. ask him to do you. 100% of the guy will do you asap.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by christine30 View Post
    Okay, so I had my share of relationships, and met this guy that i really care and is falling in love with, we are both of different backgrounds. Anyhows, he does not want me to be talking to no guys - or start any conversation with any guys unless it is my family or brothers. I have tried to explain to him that I am truthful and faithful to him, but he feels that since I am his girl, that he needs a girl who is a lady, not someone that others call a "hoe" we are always fighting about this, I understand where he is coming from, he says guys only want to talk to you to get one thing, that is not true, but i dont want to loose him, i love him dearly, but I am afraid, he will make me not have a life outside of him.

He believes that no girls are faithful, and that he cant trust me too much but he loves me.

Why is he like this?
    People with trust issues are not trustworthy themselves. Dump him.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

She obviously enjoys being controlled, or she wouldn't put up with his shit...

NEXT!!

Well, most of the comments above, seem to be erm, stupid?

I mean they COULD be true, but thats a bit pessimistic.

He COULD just be a control freak. Which isn't a bad thing. I am a control freak, and I like to be in control of everything. Which obviously isn't going to happen.
    However, what if he is just afraid of losing you?

He may be insecure, and might be "boxing above his weight", and be frightened that someone else could easily take your eye?
    I'm guessing he'd say that he trusts you, but doesn't trust other people? Especially other men.

Has he cheated on a women before? I mean, if he has, or been unreliable in any form, he will know that men will lie to get with girls, and can put on their charm and get what they want.

Hope this helps.
    Want to understand the forum rules about putting links in your signature?

RTFM, fool.