Hey all,

Thank you for all the advice you have given me over the past couple of weeks. I really appreciate it a lot even though I can be moody sometimes.

Anyway, to the point, I had a talk with my parents last night because I no longer felt that I could hide my relationship from them. For those who don't know, my parents wanted me to break up with her because she was spending time with her ex. She told that she would stop hanging out with her ex for me and she would make some changes (e.g. if she meets my family she needs to take out her tongue ring, stop hanging around her ex, and know that my academics come first). She said she would take out her tongue ring around my family (if or when she meets them), she said would stop hanging around her ex, and she said she would motivate me to get my MS in Communication and maybe pursue a PhD in Communication. She told me she wanted me to follow my dreams and she will be supportive of me no matter what.

I had a discussion with my parents about this. I told them we really like each other and she will make these changes for me. They said they just want me to be happy and they do not want to say that I can't be with someone that I really like. My dad finally manned up to my mom and told her that she needs to keep out of my love life and it's not right for her to decide who is right for me and who isn't. My mom ended up finally agreeing that the relationship is okay and I gave them both a big hug and said thank you.

I just wanted to give you guys an update that things finally worked out and I can be happy with a girl that I really like.

Thank you all for your patience with me and giving me very thoughtful advice. It has been a rough few weeks for me trying to get things sorted out so I apologize for my ranting and raving.

~Raze