+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to interact with this guy... whom I have this past with...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

how to interact with this guy... whom I have this past with...

The story:
    Me and paul met at a mutual friends house party. I thought he was cute and I guess he thought the same. There was plenty of booze (this was when I was single so no harm in flirting). As the night goes on Paul and I get kinda close, we start walking around holding hands, touching, hugging and shit. Evenutally I start to think I sorta like him. The night keeps going on... and eventually we chat/ meet other people- he's the host so he needs to socialize. Eventually I see him, chatting up some other chick, then making out with her and doing all the things I just did with him an hour earlier. Whatever, okay fine she wins I let it be. But then the end of the night comes... his new date girl I see leaves, once she does he comes running back to me to resume all the flirting, I have none of it. He's wasted at this point but practically begs me to stay the night with him. I refuse and go home.

Time goes on and Paul and this girl get together, all is well I meet my now bf, I'm happy, he's happy- I think and all is well. Except he adds me on FB, fine, I accept we do have the very same friends I see him all the time. Upon facebook request he sends a message that is all but innocent. Stating how much fun "we" would have had. Stating things like "too bad, I wish". I don't respond and delete it. This guy is now married- to her.

But how the hell do I interact with this couple. I see them a bunch of times a year each time it's freaking awkward as hell. She hates me ('casue I'm positive everyone told her I'm a slut because of my "flirting" with her now hubby) and he's been sketchy since day one. Do I ignore them? Do I avoid? Do I say Hi in passing? When I'm around wifey hangs off Paul- I just feel so weirded out when I'm around them... Suggestions?

I would be the bigger person and be civil, say a casual "hello" in passing and leave it at that. Don't be fake or gushy with them but don't ignore them giving them the satisfaction as if they get under your skin.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So it's not considered rude to just say "Hi" as you walk into the room check out who is there wave and all that?

I do say hi if we make eye contact but it's always like .... awwwkward... but I will do this at our yearly bbq where they will both surely be.

Yeah, you owe him nothing. He seems like a puke. You know she's all bitching at him for you even being there probably, why fuel the fire? Its not even your fault, you know how girls are. He's a creep and she's insecure. Forget them. A simple "Hey" or "Whats up" will suffice.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    cool, I'll play it cool this weekend. yeah, I'm glad he got swiped before he got me really hooked.

dont be all nice to a guy. if hes a pig like messaging you and trying to get in your pants then treat him like shit too. first mistake, you shouldnt have erase that message. you shouldve shown that message to your bf and the guys wife. 2nd dont waste your time saying hi. why do you need to be all civil about it? u dont owe him or her shit. be straight up.

What a douche. He has the nerve to even attempt to bring up what little history you guys have together after marrying this other chick? Sounds like he's not too happy with his decision.

Yeah, say "Hi", but don't feel as though you have to go out of your way. It sucks that he's part of your social circle 'cause it'd be better if you could ignore him altogether.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    David if I took your advice hell would break loose and the group would have even more drama- not a good idea. the bf knows he didn't need to see the email he thought I should just delete it as go on as if nothing.

yes it sucks I have to see them. every time I do it always feels as though they look at me like poor second choice... still not married poor thing. ahh well... I shall just say Hi in passing and leave the happy couple to bask in parenthood (they already have a baby). they'd only been dating a total of 2 years.