+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loss of motivation

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackFlux View Post
    Well Hi.

After some thinking, I don't think I have a depression. I have some kind of menopause (to avoid undetected sarcasm, I repeat - 20y male). My mood shifts 5 times a day, from extreme joy, to endless sorrow, through infinite empathy,to unmatched ambitions, to utter resignation and finally ends with oh-god-I-enjoy-this-sandwich-so-much-I'll-eat-it-and-die.

I've lost the weight though, started working out. Yet I get little stuff done, because of the other crazy stuff that goes on. Thanks for the sarcastic replies, made me chuckle + I try to dump as much computer, as I can.

I'm in the "manic" phase now, I can feel it lol. I have to DO something with this. Thanks for support.
    This sounds like text book bipolar disorder, also called manic-depressive disorder.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder"]Bipolar Disorder[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    None of this means anything to a person unable to feel empathy for another. Some people have to really go through some shit themselves before they start to value their lives.
    I mostly only thank you for this because I'm one of those people.
    I get SAD when people go through bad times, but it doesn't penetrate on a personal level unless I've been there.

OP, definitely exercise, I still haven't overcome that "In a minute" frame of mind. Something about actually getting the motivation to get up and do it that I haven't grasped yet. I wish you better luck than me

Oh oh edit edit; If you're seriously thinking about quitting smoking and can invest a fair amount of change, check out the electronic cigarette. I say "the" but there are a million of them. Research the topic to death before you buy. For me, smoking is entirely social (I need something in my hands, and I call people specifically to smoke even if I don't want to talk to them), and this sort of curbs that nasty tar-in-the-lungs issue.
    Last edited by lilly1185; 30-08-10 at 02:34 PM.
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

i think you should find a way to express your anger

Is any of this helping you BlackFlux?
    </snip ->

Get some help. Talk to a counselor.

If it helps motivate you think about the fact that you won't attract any quality women acting the way that you are. That kind of thinking was what helped me get my sh*t together when I was being lazy.

I thought: "I'm sad because I'm lonely and haven't had a boyfriend for a while... I've gained weight and I'm not taking care of myself... I'm only going to attract losers in this state, if I keep going like this I'm cheating myself out of the life I want and deserve."

After that I started counseling and taking better care of myself. I'm a completely different person now. You can do it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12