+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanting to put weight back on? well... that's a first.

wanting to put weight back on? well... that's a first.

ok recently i've not really been up for eating and just generally do it to stop my mum from worrying about me. i've gone from 52.4kg- 49.1kg [i'm 5'5] and while i've always liked being skinny i don't want to lose the shape i used to have. granted, i prefer my stomach now but it just feels... idk weird. i'm having a hard time eating when i'm not actually hungry. i've dieted for years but what do i do? force myself to eat more but healthy stuff or be bad and have the same small portions but a lot more calorific? it's so trivial but idk what to do.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is 5'5", 108 lbs.

You are underweight.

Try adding Boost or Ensure supplements until you reach a healthier weight.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    You need to eat better kitty, going on a diet doesn't necessarily solve the stomach problem. You need to build some muscle. It works like this, if you don't have enough muscles to help you burn extra calories (5lbs burns extra 300cals/day without you moving), You'll have more excess calories turning into fat. Then you go on a diet, which further shrinks your muscles (no fuel), thus making it harder for you to stay all nice and curvy.

Here's a motivational tip:
    An hour's worth of strength training burn calories for the next 36hrs. Aerobic training, while it directly burns off your fat, doesn't build muscle, and the fat burning process lasts only as long as the workout itself. Exercise 3 times a week should be enough. Do compound exercises. Lift heavy. You won't look like Mikhail Sidorychev or Nasser El Sonbaty anytime soon. Your boyfriend will be drooling though

Hope that helps
    Last edited by nerdy_guy; 14-08-10 at 09:35 AM.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yikes, sounds like the border to an eating disorder, it's not a "first" for people as scrawny as you to have others wanting them to put on weight.

I had a fiend like you. I basically dumped her. She made me feel horrible for being "fat" even though I'm 5'3 at 110lbs . Her terrible self imgae rubbed off on me. Her insane attempts to get me eating more so she could be the skinny one pissed me off.

I don't think you're not hungry. I think you have trained your mind to THINK you're not hungry. You should really be scared and try to turn this around before it escalates.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That is 5'5", 108 lbs.

You are underweight.

Try adding Boost or Ensure supplements until you reach a healthier weight.
    i am 5'6 and i used to weigh 100 lbs till i turned 25. how old are you kitty?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    i am 5'6 and i used to weigh 100 lbs till i turned 25. how old are you kitty?
    You got heavier with age?

Anyway, its the quality of weight you put on, not the quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    You got heavier with age?
    Most do. From 15 to 25, my weight never fluctuated more than 2 pounds (5'9", 125 lbs). In the last year or two, I've added about 5 pounds.

Us scrawny people have a tough time adding weight. For 10 years I ate a solid 3000 kcal daily without gaining a pound. Didn't help that I was really active.

i'm 18. i've always had a pretty poor self image [when i was 8 i was a gymnast at international level, my coach told me i was too fat to be a gymnast and made me go on a diet] but i hate saying anything really cos i don't want people to feel bad.
    @ nerdy_guy- i have pretty bad knee problems so i don't ever exercise really. but would swimming do the same kind of thing?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    swimming is an excellent workout and low impact.

before it's too late address what I've written. you need to work on your eating problems and the self image that's driving you straight down the path to an eating disorder.

Hi kitty. I don't know, but it sounds like maybe you are depressed? If you've always been on the skinny side yet have always dieted, maybe your eating habits and weight are just something you can have control over to feel like you're in control of something when things are out of control? Your post definitely sounds like "eating disorder" thinking. So maybe you could look back in your life and try to identify other times where this thinking and behavior exerted itself, and you should talk to your Dr. Sounds like you are going through a hard time right now. Certainly you should always go the healthy way as far as eating habits, that goes for anyone. I'm sorry for what happened to you when you were 8 years old, it seems like it left a scar. Everyone's body is unique and there are so many body types (I bet most!) that are not built to be gymnasts. If he was a true professional (and not just cruel), then he was probably judging your body from a professional standpoint, he probably compared every body to that of the ideal gymnast build. It's illogical to think that this should carry over to any other aspect of life besides gymnastics. I personally love a healthy body with a little meat on it more than skinny. I think it's way more beautiful on both men and women. But right now the losing weight, being skinny and dieting don't add up to healthy. I wish you the best, please take care of yourself!

@alwaystryin- when i was 14/15, i was told that i was depressed and i comfort ate a lot and now i'm doing the complete opposite when i'm upset. i recently broke up with my bf of 20 months which obviously hurt but we're still like, best mates so i'm genuinely no longer upset. i have my A2 results in 4 days but i've been trying not to think about it too much. maybe it's that but i don't know.

Sounds like stresses to me. I didn't know what an A2 was so I looked it up - nursing, right? You sound like an intelligent enough person kitty, I'm sure you did great. Nursing is a very commendable line of work. I work in a medical facility and I've noticed that all nurses are crazy (in a good way!! a lot of fun and cookiness, I guess to offset the suffering they encounter every day..) and are always putting themselves last. I'm always yelling at this nurse I work with because her own life is always on the verge of falling apart and she just keeps putting her all into every one else. I wish she would pay some attention to her self!

The thing about suffering from depression is that if you constantly let it go, it always gets worse with time. Things build up and holes get deeper. It's so important to take care of yourself. In the end of things, you are all you have. Find love for yourself. That is advice I am finding extremely difficult to follow myself right now. But something I think is so important for everyone to do. I raise my daughter this way because I always want her to take care of herself in life and I hope it makes her hold the people in her life to the standards by which she holds herself. This way she will not allow herself to settle for mistreatment or fall into patterns of self neglect. I wish the same was done for me when I was growing up. You are so young kitty, it's a beautiful thing to have so much time ahead of you in life!!! Do something about it so you don't lose years of growing as a person to depression. There is no one on this earth out there that is like you, you deserve to be taken care of.. by you! There is no better gift.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaystryin View Post
    Sounds like stresses to me. I didn't know what an A2 was so I looked it up - nursing, right?
    A2's are the exams you do at 18 to get into university over here in the UK. almost but thanks.

Lol, sorry, my bad. But the same applies nonetheless..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast