+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl not replying back to calls/texts all of a sudden?

Girl not replying back to calls/texts all of a sudden?

I'm a bit confused and rather frustrated about this situation. I've been seeing/talking to this girl on and off for the past 1-2 years. It seems, at one moment, everything would be fine in regards to us talking to hanging out but then all of a sudden, she would stop talking or replying to my messages.
    It seemed to happen again lately. The past 2-3 months, we talked pretty much everyday and I even asked her to be my date for my friends wedding to which she actually came and we had a blast.
    Last Monday was the last time I talked to her and then all of a sudden, she stopped responding to my calls or texts. I txted her Tuesday and called her Thursday but got no response at all. I don't know if I'm overthinking it or what but I'm just get rather frustrated and I keep going through my mind as to what I could've done or said. I really like her and all but idk its stupid that she won't even respond to say something so I wont' go outta my mind wondering wtf!
    The situation is even more so funny because she would talk about her roomate not responding back to her texts and how aggravating it is to not get a single text back. At this point, I'm not going to try to get in touch with her even though I would like to know what is wrong. It's better to know than not to know.
    Anyway I just wanted to get an opinion(s) on this as to whether or not I should try to get in touch with her in another week or so or just try to forget about it and move on; or how to act if or when she tries to get in touch with me?

Thanks

maybe she suddenly got busy or her phone broke or *god forbid* she got into some trouble.

either way I think she'll have a good reason for what happened when you talk to her again considering the relationship you described.

I think you should wait a little longer and see if she'll contact you.

Maybe she just goes through phases where she isn't so chatty. Or she is PMS'ing...

Could be anything - ask her.

I don't think that PMSing is a good reason to fall off the face of the earth! Honestly there is NO good reason to just go MIA. Have you spoken with her about this?

You have every right to be angry, but you know what, she's actually doing you a favour - she's letting you see how she really is, and you don't have to be with someone who is there for you only half the time. The thing I'm sorry about is that it's happened not once, but a few times, which is completely uncalled for.

If she's not exactly your girlfriend, at the very least, she should be your friend. Would any of your real "friends" not care enough to answer your text messages, or return your calls? If that's something you can live with, since you know how she is, Ok. But if not, I would consider whether or not you want to hang around for the next time she decides to go AWOL.

The last I talked to her was approx. 2 weeks ago and I txted her and called her once but didn't get a response at all. I haven't tried to get in touch with her for just over a week. I was considering calling her middle of next week and if she doesn't pick up, was gonna leave a v-mail and just sorta ask her if everything is alright and see what the issue is as to if there was something I said or what not. But idk if that is the right thing to say or if there is something else I should say?
    You are right in the fact that none of my friends would never not respond back, at least to acknowledge the text or call. This situation is just so frustrating cuz we would be talking for months on end and then bam, she would stop. But all in all, I do want to know exactly what's going on ...

she could be going through something personally/ family related and isn't in the mood to be chatty or talk to people. it could be anything as azure said. i'd say leave it for a couple of days so she doesn't brand you as needy/ clingy and then call her and see if she picks up. if not send her a txt saying you're worried about her, hope she's ok and that you're there if she needs someone to chat to.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by pxs9355 View Post
    The last I talked to her was approx. 2 weeks ago and I txted her and called her once but didn't get a response at all. I haven't tried to get in touch with her for just over a week. I was considering calling her middle of next week and if she doesn't pick up, was gonna leave a v-mail and just sorta ask her if everything is alright and see what the issue is as to if there was something I said or what not. But idk if that is the right thing to say or if there is something else I should say?
    You are right in the fact that none of my friends would never not respond back, at least to acknowledge the text or call. This situation is just so frustrating cuz we would be talking for months on end and then bam, she would stop. But all in all, I do want to know exactly what's going on ...
    I can understand this would be really frustrating, you think things are going great but then she ducks out. You said she's done this a few times, right? What were her reasons for disappearing before?

You do sound like you want to know what has happened, I would too. You may call her and if she doesn't pick up, leave her a voicemail to see if she's ok. If you are really worried, are there any mutual friends you could ask?

If it turns out that she is fine and she's not in an ICU ward on some hospital, I would ask myself whether or not I'm happy being in a relationship with someone who just flakes out and leaves. Who's to say that if something major happens, she won't just up and leave to run away from her problems instead of relying on the people who would be there for her?

The last few times it happened and she did start responding back, I never really asked about why she fell off the face of the earth all of a sudden just to avoid the conversation. But now its getting out of hands.
    I might wait another few days and call her and leave her a v-mail if she doesn't pick up and ask her if everything is ok since I haven't heard from her for quite some time especially considering the past 2-3 months, we talked almost everyday. If I dont' hear from her for a few days afterwards, I know her sister and I might just have to ask her.
    I guess if I find out she is really just ignoring me and doesn't have the courage to respond back, I'm going to have to really think about just phasing her out of my life (as hard as it might be) cuz its just getting beyond stupid now. I mean if she don't wanna talk to me anymore, at least tell me that rather than giving the silent treatment all of a sudden.

I just wanted to say thank you for listening to me vent and providing your opinions and suggestions. It's really appreciative.

normally people on here are doing everything they can to keep someone in their life even if they're being complete idiots. if you don't get a decent explaination from her soon and you still feel like this, i'd start phasing out before it gets harder.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

I called her today and left a v-mail just casually stating that I haven't heard from her for a while and to see if everything is ok. Just left it at that.

You helped create this issue by trying to avoid the conversation previously. If you'd said something before, you may not be wondering what the hell is going on now. Seems as though it's become habit, and she thinks you're fine with it. Stop being so passive.

Yeah I sorta get that now. If I don't hear from her for another few more days, I'm just gonna send a text and be up front with her and just tell her how it is but it'll be my LAST time I get in touch with her. It's already sad that I'm trying to take this many initiatives to try to get in touch with her.
    Any suggestions as to what I could/should say?

You know what....I wouldn't even bother texting her.

If someone can't return your calls and texts, they are not worth it.

The fact she isn't responding speaks volumes. She doesn't want to talk to you. She doesn't value this, whatever you have going with her.

I suspect you think more of her, than just a friend.

If you decide to have this conversation, don't do it via text. I think that is the most immature, cowardly way to communicate and I have zero respect for people who try to text out a serious conversation. Maybe she won't care, but I think you should practice some direct communication. Call her and leave a voicemail specifically asking her to call you back when she gets it. Hopefully she does call you, and then you can tell her how much you really dislike her bouts of silence. If not, then you have your answer, and you won't have to bother with her anymore.

Believe me I don't. I'm the kind of person that would rather talk via phone or in person. I already called her yesterday but only casually told her I havne't heard from her for a while and just wondering if everything is ok and to call me back when she gets this but I never more or less blatently told her what the issue is in regards to her not responding back. I'm more than happy to call and leave a voicemail but if I do so (again), how should I go about and say something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast