+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Im devasated, been dumped

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nov13 View Post
    Petit, you are very unrealistic. It's very low of you to blame someone who had no control over that situation. This could happen to even the most protective parents. The only way a parent can be sure that nothing can happen to their child is to lock them up and not let them out at all, and even then something can happen.
    Finally, a sensible post^. Try to keep to this standard.

I actually agree with nov13 in this case, PP. Sorry, hon. Its a really shitty thing to imply there was anything fi123 could have done differently. Way to rub the parental guilt boot in there. Sadly, this kind of thing happens a lot during frosh week at uni. I feel for your daughter fi.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Try to keep to this standard.
    I will not keep by anyone's standard, but the truth's.
    Last edited by nov13; 21-08-10 at 05:25 PM.

(I had accidentally put "now" instead of "not" and just realized how just one letter can completely reverse the meaning of this sentence).
    Last edited by nov13; 21-08-10 at 05:28 PM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't blame her for the rape on her daughter, it's just crazy how she's open minded about a 44 yo guy texting phone messages to a 17yo ,even though something so awful happened to her daughter. She couldn't save her daughter, but there is always something that could prevent from such thing. Always. Things like watching your own drink, going to a normal place, going there with normal friends that will not leave without you or at least knowing the place and some people there and staying close to them. I did few stupid things when I was 18 or younger,so I know that girls that age aren't always 100% carefull . Anyway this is not my problem,as I said I'm just surprised how coolo she is about this particular situation that OP presented. But she shouldn't be the subject of this convo, so I let you answer me one more time and then we come back to the original case, I'm sure OP is happy that we left him in peace :p
    I wazzzz here

Petit, I disagree. There is not ALWAYS a way to prevent anything from happening. If so I'd like to think we as a human race would have achieved world peace by now. Ever hear the expression 'shit happens'? I've been a victim myself but I think the most important thing is to be able to move on and to learn.

A mother's instinct is a very powerful thing and should not be ignored. There is a reason little red flags popped up for many of the women that read the OP's post. I still stand with better safe than sorry. I don't think having a "friend who's daughter ruined his relationship with his girlfriend" is any reason to become 'best friends' with a 17 yr old.
    Last edited by alwaystryin; 22-08-10 at 02:37 AM.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Petit, 40,000 die in car accidents every year in this country, why didn't parents stop their children from driving? Being paranoid, judgmental and antisocial in this case would mean, no one driving anywhere. So, why would the parents risk their children dying, but prevent them from being social and giving people the benefit of the doubt?

We are all extremely vulnerable (anyone can just come up to us and shoot us if they wanted to), but that doesn't mean we should live in fear. Fear, is not an option to me.
    Last edited by nov13; 22-08-10 at 02:24 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nov13 View Post
    I will not keep by anyone's standard, but the truth's.
    Please. As if YOU, with your limited intellect and experience have any ability to judge 'truth'.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Look it up b/c I'm certain you aren't well-read enough to recognize the original source.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456