+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hate being single?

just new to this forum and been single for 4 and a half years, or something like that...

some days its great and easy others hard and boring, i miss the companionship but not the agro.

but have ing an interest/activity to use the time previously spent with a partner is the best way to move on:
    a) your use the time constructively
    b) an interest fuels confidence and happiness with life

Quote Originally Posted by originalsince85 View Post
    thanks vashti, correct on the age assumption.

i really want to enjoy the life i have, i just really really miss my ex, i try to not think about it too much but it still sucks.

I want to know how i can see being single in a different light and enjoy it, cause i dont want to send signals of desperation thats for sure. and i have to get used to being with no one. maybe it will just come with time? im only broke up about 3-4weeks. just being single feels really alien to me!

A while ago I was writing posts like you. I too HATED being single. I just wanted to meet someone who was right for me so we could start our happy life together. Well... I still want that but I just got out of a relationship with a guy who was not right for me and Vash is right, that is worse than being single. In fact, I think I rushed into that relationship and ignored warning signs because I was so desperate not to be single.

My advice to you? This is your time to be selfish so do it. I'm going on a trip to Hawaii with my best friend in September. No boyfriend, no drama, just good times. I'm using my extra time to work on myself. I'm a girl so this means going to the spa, getting my hair and nails done, buying new clothes. I'm not sure what the male equivalent is, but do that. I've only been single for about a week but I've been having fun flirting. It makes me feel better and reminds me that other men are attracted to me and life will go on.

I'm female and also 25 so I have thoughts like "I need to meet my guy soon so we can get married by the time I'm 30 and have kids shortly after! Tick tock what am I going to do!!!". I ignore those stupid thoughts and concentrate on having new experiences and being the best person I can be.

Being single isn't so horrible. It can be a great time to get to know yourself and take care of yourself.

Gotta say that I really dont enjoy being single anymore. Im pretty sure it mostly stems from hanging around couples to much. When you are constantly hanging out with lovey dovey couples it gets hard when you dont have anyone to share that feeling with. Hobbies do help fill the void but its no substitute if your looking for a relationship. Having other single friends helps alot too because then there is no pressure to be with someone when your around them.

I'm an independant sort, so loved being single again and it didn't bother me. I also welcomed it and after being stuck in a shit ten year marriage.

It's nice to be with someone, but I feel sorry for people who feel they can't live or breathe without someone and MUST have someone...

Get a life FFS!! lol...Life DOES exist outside of a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by subaru88 View Post
    Gotta say that I really dont enjoy being single anymore. Im pretty sure it mostly stems from hanging around couples to much. When you are constantly hanging out with lovey dovey couples it gets hard when you dont have anyone to share that feeling with. Hobbies do help fill the void but its no substitute if your looking for a relationship. Having other single friends helps alot too because then there is no pressure to be with someone when your around them.
    Don't play 'gooseberry' and hang around with couples then...simples.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    A while ago I was writing posts like you. I too HATED being single. I just wanted to meet someone who was right for me so we could start our happy life together. Well... I still want that but I just got out of a relationship with a guy who was not right for me and Vash is right, that is worse than being single. In fact, I think I rushed into that relationship and ignored warning signs because I was so desperate not to be single.

My advice to you? This is your time to be selfish so do it. I'm going on a trip to Hawaii with my best friend in September. No boyfriend, no drama, just good times. I'm using my extra time to work on myself. I'm a girl so this means going to the spa, getting my hair and nails done, buying new clothes. I'm not sure what the male equivalent is, but do that. I've only been single for about a week but I've been having fun flirting. It makes me feel better and reminds me that other men are attracted to me and life will go on.

I'm female and also 25 so I have thoughts like "I need to meet my guy soon so we can get married by the time I'm 30 and have kids shortly after! Tick tock what am I going to do!!!". I ignore those stupid thoughts and concentrate on having new experiences and being the best person I can be.

Being single isn't so horrible. It can be a great time to get to know yourself and take care of yourself.
    I agree with LailaK completely. I became single and rebounded hard over someone and it went terribly... I think shes right just enjoying your time and the new experiences is a great thing. If you still don't want to be single after all that just embrace your friendship relationships, put yourself out there have fun but don't expect anything from it and it will come eventually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12