+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mold

Mold

does anyone know anything about it? can i fight that matter with the landlord?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Depends.

If there's mold, that means the problem lies deeper than what you see on the surface, especially if you've tried getting rid of it, and it keeps coming back in the same place.

Yes, it's an issue to bring up to the landlord, there would be a leak somewhere, and mold is considered a health hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Depends.

If there's mold, that means the problem lies deeper than what you see on the surface, especially if you've tried getting rid of it, and it keeps coming back in the same place.

Yes, it's an issue to bring up to the landlord, there would be a leak somewhere, and mold is considered a health hazard.
    my concern right now is to schedule a mold inspection which i was told costs $500.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

My ex sister-in-law won a court case against her landlord about a black mold problem. It took over a year and cost her a bundle, but she was incensed by the fact that he didn't care about it, so it was worth it to her.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 20-08-10 at 06:23 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

that's exactly how i feel. but the cost of litigation and inspections and lab work alone is killing me

You could just try throwing bleach at it and try to figure out why you are taking on moisture and see if he would fix that problem....but bleach will kill mold.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Do you know where it is, at least? Remediation of a mold problem can involve ripping out all of your drywall and flooring. Your landlord will probably fight hard against even admitting the problem exists.

Maybe you should just move.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Do you know where it is, at least? Remediation of a mold problem can involve ripping out all of your drywall and flooring. Your landlord will probably fight hard against even admitting the problem exists.

Maybe you should just move.
    i have been thinking about moving lately. it seems to be the easiest and the most difficult option. duh

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    You could just try throwing bleach at it and try to figure out why you are taking on moisture and see if he would fix that problem....but bleach will kill mold.
    really? bleach?

Burn the place down.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Yes, bleach will kill mold, but the moisture left over after the chlorine dissipates will only prolong the growth.

I performed mold remediation in New Orleans.

I'm guess you're not talking about the studs in the walls, but the drywall itself, which means the moisture is behind the walls, so it doesn't matter what you do on the surface. You'll just have to continue treating the symptom until the problem is fixed.

"Black" mold is a misleading term. There is a "black" mold that is toxic, but not all black mold is the black mold.

Are you allergic to any kind of mold?

Let me say again that if you're going to use chlorine, don't soak it, just dampen a cloth and wipe it down (you might have to scrub), saturating an area only provides more moisture for the mold to grow.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah,second vote for bleach. At least it's what i've heard. Well we have small mold in the bathroom but we don't care anymore as we move out soon In the new flat we will have a window in both bathrooms so it's good, we shouldn't get mold there ,because humidity + warm temperature = mold . Best way to avoid it is to ventilate the room

Well it's too late for You anyway :p
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yes, bleach will kill mold, but the moisture left over after the chlorine dissipates will only prolong the growth.

I performed mold remediation in New Orleans.

I'm guess you're not talking about the studs in the walls, but the drywall itself, which means the moisture is behind the walls, so it doesn't matter what you do on the surface. You'll just have to continue treating the symptom until the problem is fixed.

"Black" mold is a misleading term. There is a "black" mold that is toxic, but not all black mold is the black mold.

Are you allergic to any kind of mold?

Let me say again that if you're going to use chlorine, don't soak it, just dampen a cloth and wipe it down (you might have to scrub), saturating an area only provides more moisture for the mold to grow.
    the mold is in the bathroom, does it make a difference?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Killing Mold with Bleach

Bleach can kill virtually every species of indoor mold that it comes into contact with, along with its spores, leaving a surface sanitized and resistant to future mold growth.

Unfortunately, however, using bleach is only effective if the mold is growing on non-porous materials such as tiles, bathtubs, glass and countertops. Bleach cannot penetrate into porous materials and so it does not come into contact with mold growing beneath the surface of materials such as wood and drywall. Using bleach on these materials will kill the mold above the surface but the roots within the material will remain and the mold will soon return.
    [url=http://blackmold.awardspace.com/kill-remove-mold.html]Kill & Remove Mold with Bleach, Borax, Vinegar, Ammonia, Products[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    the mold is in the bathroom, does it make a difference?
    Is it above the shower?

Do you suspect it's because of trapped moisture from showering?

Or is it growing away from the shower in a place that would make you suspect it's coming from behind the walls?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast