+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this unforgivable?

Is this unforgivable?

Long story short....My girlfriend broke up with me a week and a half before my bar exam. She knew it meant so much to me and all the hard work I put into it. She said I cared more about my career and the exam more than I cared about her. I tried explaining to her that I'd rather be spending time with you doing fun things but this has to get done (keep in mind I was still seeing her pretty much everyday just studying while I was with her). I was a basket case and I don't know if I passed my exam. We have not been in contact for 3 weeks and I am getting the feeling she wants to reestablish contact. Do you think what she did is unforgivable?

What she did is unforgivable on such an epic level. Your dreams come first. She should understand that. It's best that you guys broke up. Don't let it get to you. It was for the best.

And dude, she's only your girl friend. You're not married to her. Relax. Focus on your dreams.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Cut her out of your life. Dumping you this close to the bar exam wasn't an automatic dealbreaker, if there had been some legitimate reason, like you had abused her. But she dumped you specifically because of the bar exam, which should send a clear message that she is trying to sabotage your career. Maybe she is just an insecure attention-whore, or maybe she doesn't even want you to be an attorney. Either way, you can't afford to have her in your life. This time, it was the bar exam. Next time, maybe she causes drama right before you go to court with a major case, or you are up for partner, or some other important career milestone. Stay on No Contact and move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

THIS is unforgivable:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dJu1Jj7VTw[/url]

Weird part is I told her this month is going to be tough. I am going to be putting in a ton of hours studying. She said she understands and even offered to help me study! Then two weeks later she can't handle it. I will not iniate contact she messed up so it's on her to make things right with me. Not saying I will take her back or anything.

Yes. She was being a selfish bitch. This kind of behavior will continue if you get back together. For the rest of your life she'll plant herself firmly between you and your goals if she doesn't agree with them.

She is a very needy person. If she does come in contact with me and I think she will. What should I say? I am not the type to be mean to people. I think when she finds out I am a lawyer through mutual friends she will feel like she blew it.

If she contacts you, just say goodbye. Say it as nicely as you want, but be firm. Drama queens suck.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Is this the first time you two had a fight? I mean does she complain often that you don't give her enough time? Or she couldn't cooperate even once??

She said she had enough of me studying. During the 4 year relationship we broke up a few times for a day nothing more.

I want to give her a backhand slap for doing that.

Never speak to her again.
    Spammer Spanker

What really pisses me off is that you even took the time to inform her that the upcoming weeks were going to be tough. That was very thoughtful on your part. It was even more thoughtful of you to still attempt to spend time with her despite how important your studies were.

Girls like this are maddening, and I'm so glad you understand that she's in the wrong. Now you can focus your time and energy where it is truly needed.

Her parents told me I can't blame her for not passing. I said it's my responsibility to pass but you don't think this will have an impact on my score.

Why the hell are you talking to her parents?

I went to her house to get my stuff while she wasn't home.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast