+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need advice!!!!!!!!

I need advice!!!!!!!!

I got a "problem" and I'd really appreciate some advice from someone that doesn't know me and the situation I'm in.

I'm gonna try to make a long story short.
    By this time last year I started talking to a guy online. I don't really remember how we came in touch or why we started talking in the first place. In the beginning there were nothing more to our conversations, we just enjoyed talking to each other and found it interesting to talk about our different cultures and stuff (we're living very far from each other).

We kept talking like this for a few months and then one day he told me that he had a crush on me. I had never though about him that way, because; 1. I never believed in meeting someone online. 2. I didn't think it was realistic.
    But when he told me that, something inside me changed.

However, we kept talking and I liked him more and more. We just got closer and closer.
    Both him and I were quite realistic when it came to our relationship. We never said "I love you" or really believed that it'd be us.
    And suddenly one day he just stopped answering my messages.

That was when I realized how much I liked him.
    I tried to forget him and over a month went by without hearing from him.
    And when I had given up on him completely he suddenly came back.
    He told me that he had left because he was scared because we had been getting so close to each other.
    I told him that I'd try to forgive him and we began talking again.
    In the beginning I wasn't sure I could trust him but he seemed to be really really sorry about what he had done and he seemed to feel really bad.
    And as time went by we grew closer again. Really really close this time.
    Now it's been a year.
    Our relationship is still growing stronger and stronger.
    He is so much like me and he has everything I'm looking for in a guy.
    I know he finds it hard to trust people but lately he has been opening up about everything to me.
    He has told me that he's exclusive to me.
    I know that I like him sooooooo much.
    And I recently found out that I possibly will get the chance to go to his city for two months this year. I'm going there to for work.
    I really wanna meet him. But at the same time I'm scared.
    I've heard so much about online relationships and I really don't know what to do.
    Can I trust him?
    I just need someones opinion on this.

And to anyone who read all this, thank you!

Meeting someone online isn't all that bad. I've met a couple of my past relationships from dating sites because beauty school doesn't expose me to the kind of people I'm interested in. I don't think it will be a big deal to meet up in a public place and hang out. Just know that if you guys don't actually hit it off in person, that it is okay and shouldn't be considered an "internet dating fail".
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think online dating can work fine if you want
    it to. I don't know if you should commit to two months for the first "meet." What if the physical aspect just isn't there? Pictures and Skype do a lot, but not everything. Otherwise, he's just a friend with a lot in common.

But for now, all you can really do is trust him if you want it to work. Every relationship is different, in the "real" world and online. If you're confident about it, then it can work, definitely.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Thanks for the answeres so far.

And to clear up on a few things..
    I'm not gonna stay with him when I'm going there. I'm gonna live by my own and I'm going there for work. So if we don't "click" we don't have to see each other.
    I mean, I really want this to work. And I do believe that he's a good guy, but at the same time I can't help but doubt a little. I know that the "real" world is a lot different and maybe all this is just an illusion. Maybe I just think I like him. I don't know, I'm so confused.
    But at the same time I'm thinking that we've been doing this "online thing" for one year now and that's quite a long time..

It's natural to have doubts. Things can be and are very different and when you meet in real life. But 'real' chemistry cannot be determined and until you do meet for real....that is why you have to meet.

Some hit it off, for others it is a big disappointment and when one party doesn't live up to expectations.