+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by adamjkok View Post
    So let's say you go to a school where there is a shortage of girls and 99% of the guys are jocks. Same story?
    What does the number of girls in your school have to do with the first question?

yeah?
    anyway most girls i know actually rather be with geeks. geeks that have a life (let me stress that). well i myself am computer crazy, video games crazy and I study more often than normal but I also go out, am not a social outcast. I hope you're getting what I mean. There just has to be a balance.
    how old are you anyway. you sound like a high school kid.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

I personally love a guy who is a geek or a nerd as long as he has good hygiene, takes care of his body and has some form of social skills.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    You guys aren't the only ones were were subtly annoyed by that, while at the same time, trying to refrain from spewing a mouthful of soda all over your keyboards. I think the best part about it is that he's also a self-proclaimed geek (thinx he haz madskllz) when he's really just a 'lifeless social misfit'.
    I tend to avoid spewing liquids on electronics, it rarely does them any good. Aside from that, being a self-proclaimed geek isn't that bad, because you can be a geek with close to no technical knowledge, however, being a hacker implies having a HUGE amount of knowledge and patience.. A hacker can't be self-proclaimed, he/she has to prove he/she is one for others to give him/her the little badge. All those self-proclaimed hackers are nothing bad lamers.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I tend to avoid spewing liquids on electronics, it rarely does them any good. Aside from that, being a self-proclaimed geek isn't that bad, because you can be a geek with close to no technical knowledge, however, being a hacker implies having a HUGE amount of knowledge and patience.. A hacker can't be self-proclaimed, he/she has to prove he/she is one for others to give him/her the little badge. All those self-proclaimed hackers are nothing bad lamers.
    Seriously. That's where we get the term "script kiddie" from. Doppel accused me of being one before I spoon-fed him his own ass.

Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    Seriously. That's where we get the term "script kiddie" from. Doppel accused me of being one before I spoon-fed him his own ass.
    hmmm... you spoon fed him his own ass?

hmmm... you spoon fed him his own ass?
    Yeah. The definition of a skiddie is someone who uses other peoples exploits because they can't write their own. I linked him to a paper I wrote in '06 that explains, step-by-step, how to write an exploit.

If I recall correctly, he then proceeded to tell me that I would cry if I knew about his business plans. Because he's the first person to have a revolutionary business plan that'll make millions.

Yeah. The definition of a skiddie is someone who uses other peoples exploits because they can't write their own. I linked him to a paper I wrote in '06 that explains, step-by-step, how to write an exploit.

If I recall correctly, he then proceeded to tell me that I would cry if I knew about his business plans. Because he's the first person to have a revolutionary business plan that'll make millions.

LOL, I know a few of those skiddies... someone should research on people before accusing them of being one of them.

What was the exploit about?

And how is that business plan going Doppel? can you tell me your secret? My company could use a few millions...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, okay even I know that term and would NOT use it for Hot Dick.

@ the OP - I dated 'geeks' preferentially and then married one. IMO, they are awesome. Intelligent, willing to try new things (i.e. NOT boring), <--- applies to bed as well. Willing to take feedback re: dress and hygiene. Tend to be on the sensitive side >> asshole. Way better financial potential.

You may have to wait for the girls to reach mid-20s before they start to appreciate you over the Gormless Stud Losers out there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Hacker is such a lame, overrated 'title' that I can't believe people even call themselves that these days. I like to call them smackers, cause they talk a lot of smack. Anyway, don't hop on the soapbox and make a fool of yourself. Most people here don't really give two shits.

Aww, I see you took that to heart. You know what, though? I wasn't the first person to call you a skiddie. That's right. A few other members shared their opinion of you.

If spoon-feeding someone his or her ass is an Arabic quip for wasting your time with nerdy graphing functions and plotting irrelevant, incorrect data for pathetic comedic purposes, then sure, that's exactly what you did.

Whether or not you actually wrote your own exploit is not of my business and I'm certainly not going to waste my time determining the credibility and integrity of your little paper. What is funny and rather ridiculous is that you actually wasted time and effort and still failed to earn my credibility. Really, you are making a fool of yourself by doing all this. You're putting words in my mouth by saying I have some kind of business plan that'll make millions. It's like you're calling me out to prove myself. So what I will tell you, though, is that I am a co-founder of a tri-state group project (college funded research) seeking to make more accurate electronic translation services. You *could* find my name in several academic publications regarding my work and theory, but I won't share those with you, because there is no reason to. Your skills and criticism are of no use. The funny thing is that I do not study programming languages at uni and I've never taken any courses on that shit. It's all purely a hobby and interest of mine. Just like flying airplanes, composing music, drawing portraits and landscapes, keeping snakes, building houses, and pimping hookers.

So please, continue with the spoon feeding of my ass. I find it quite entertaining

I wasn't the first person to call you a skiddie. That's right. A few other members shared their opinion of you.
    You don't seem to be getting it. A "skiddie" isn't an insult to someone, it's just a term used for someone who has not written an exploit. You can't have an opinion of someone that consists of, "he's a skiddie."

Elementary logic for you:

Code:
    Definition. A "script kiddie" is a person who has not
    written an exploit script, but exploits systems using
    foreign code.

Theory. If p, then q: If KZ has not written an
    exploit, he must be a script kiddie. Otherwise, he must
    not be a script kiddie.

Conclusion. KZ has written at least one exploit. KZ
    must not be a script kiddie.
    For you to continue just makes you look like you're about as capable of processing logic as a Christian.

[edit] I have a request. It would be a huge favor to me (and everyone else) if you could link to this in your signature, as a reminder: [url]http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/science/health/011800hth-behavior-incompetents.html[/url]
    Last edited by hurt_confuzd; 24-08-10 at 09:26 AM.

You don't seem to be getting it. A "skiddie" isn't an insult to someone, it's just a term used for someone who has not written an exploit. You can't have an opinion of someone that consists of, "he's a skiddie."
    Indeed you can have an opinion that someone is a skiddie, just like you can have an opinion that someone is a whore or a slut. I don't even need to use script kiddie as a derogatory name for you when you have plenty of others, Dick sauce. Whether or not you are a script kiddie does not matter, because you are still a loser with no life.

Since you love math so much, I thought I would stoop down to your level and share some simple elementary algebra that debunks the mystery of your net worth.
    This is you:
    0*(1*10^d)=s
    Whereas d = how awesome you think you are,
    and s = how awesome you really are.

Last edited by doppelgaenger; 24-08-10 at 10:25 AM.

Whether or not you actually wrote your own exploit is not of my business and I'm certainly not going to waste my time determining the credibility and integrity of your little paper. What is funny and rather ridiculous is that you actually wasted time and effort and still failed to earn my credibility. Really, you are making a fool of yourself by doing all this. You're putting words in my mouth by saying I have some kind of business plan that'll make millions. It's like you're calling me out to prove myself. So what I will tell you, though, is that I am a co-founder of a tri-state group project (college funded research) seeking to make more accurate electronic translation services. You *could* find my name in several academic publications regarding my work and theory, but I won't share those with you, because there is no reason to. Your skills and criticism are of no use. The funny thing is that I do not study programming languages at uni and I've never taken any courses on that shit. It's all purely a hobby and interest of mine. Just like flying airplanes, composing music, drawing portraits and landscapes, keeping snakes, building houses, and pimping hookers.

So please, continue with the spoon feeding of my ass. I find it quite entertaining

What does this even mean?!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    What does this even mean?!
    I don't know what any of this thread meant. :\
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjkok View Post
    Do females really think geeks are that bad? I'm a hacker and I'm also taking programming classes. I don't look like a sterotypical geek, but I am one. I guess what I'm asking is if the average girl would give a geek a chance or just write them off.
    um... bill gates is a geek and probably the richest geek out there. and he is married with a couple of kids... you do the math.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast