+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She really wants us to remain friends

She really wants us to remain friends

I've been with this girl for 8 and a half months now. We were getting along pretty well and we became very very very close. We had our fights but I didn't think it was something out of the ordinary. She cried alot a few times because I treated her as an asshole, but that was just because I was angry at the moment.

After I went to visit some friends in a neighbouring city for 5 days, when I came back she told me that things aren't working and that we should just be friends. It came as a shock to me, because the last month was going perfect. She said she thought I was with her only for sex and that made her stop loving me.

The main reason for the breaking up is that I didn't treat her good (made her cry, never showed that I care, etc -that's her point of view). She wanted to get back together but I said no, because I don't want a relationship based on the good things we had in the past. After 2 days I changed my mind but she didn't want to take me back, she even started talking with her ex again, and saying that he treated her better than me and that she was happier with him when they were together. He has a girlfriend but there are good chances he'll get back together with her. She says she doesn't know if she wants to hook up with him again but I think that could be a life because...

Here's the twist. She really wants us to be friends. I told her that we can't be friends because we didn't both agree to break up. She started crying and begging me to reconsider and I couldn't say no to her because I still love her. The thing is that it's very hard for me to 'just be friends' and having the prospect that she'll hook up with her ex again.

So what's up with the friends part? I mean how much can you suffer when you lose a friend? Why is she overreacting and starts crying like there's no tomorrow at the thought of never seing me again?

If her reasons are valid meaning you didnt treat her well then, hey she doesnt need to be with you. Her going back to her EX isnt going to be the answer for her either (especially if the Ex has a GF). I see no need for you guys to remain friends. She crying to you because it works.