+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Old pics

Old pics

My bf still has old pictures of his ex gf's. Anything from kissing them to doing anything like eating or going out places. It drives me insane and I'm just wondering if I have a reason to A) be worried he might stil have feelings for them and holds onto it because he was happier with them or B) be upset and want him to get rid of them. I feel as though we have a great relationship and I want him to just leave the past in the past and mke new memories with me.

Another question. I want my bf to be the guy he was with his exes. From what I am told he was sweet and thoughtful and always doing cute stuff. I am not his exes, and I treat him with the utmost respect and give me all of my heart. I know he has been hurt and has been treated pretty badly by his exes. We talk about this sometimes, and I always reassure him of my love and faithfulness. I just wish he would take me seriously and realize he can be the guy he was and put himself out there for me because I wont let him down or take it for granted. How should I approach this and work on this with him?

Seriously? Are you also going to force him to get rid of family and friend pictures depicting times and events of his past that he also enjoyed without you? You weren't always a part of his life and by the sounds of things I doubt you will be involved in his future. No, I don't think you have any right to be upset about this or ask him to remove them; they are his past memories and in no way effect his ability to create more with you!

You want him to feel like he can trust you but you don't seem to be trusting him if photos of his life before you make you insecure.
    Last edited by Paperclip; 27-08-10 at 11:39 AM.

When we're worried it's because we don't know something or we don't like. You know how she take this and you don't stop. And after? Don't worry no more for the sadness it could do to her. You do what you want. For the rest, we can't control feelings. Indeed of ask stupid questions like that imagine the contrary. It's evident. So let your photos, don't touch, I'm sure you've already hurted her too much

Second, you can't compeled anything ok? Everyone is different, it's clear...Man let your ****ing problems, 'don't care
    bye
    I've gotta turn and walk away
    I don't have anything left to say
    I haven't already said before
    I've grown tired of being used
    And I'm sick and tired of being accused
    Now I'm walking away from you
    And I'm not coming back

(Last goodbye, James Morrison)

For me paperclip it's not about what he has decided. Everyone has got a past too. He divides the problem in what can give pleasure and reassure. It's an all, but he's amusing. He just had to change of wallpaper in time and not fixe on the past the more possible to have still a chance, a hope or someone to listen him. It's just too late
    I've gotta turn and walk away
    I don't have anything left to say
    I haven't already said before
    I've grown tired of being used
    And I'm sick and tired of being accused
    Now I'm walking away from you
    And I'm not coming back

(Last goodbye, James Morrison)

i say quit discussing his past relations and have him take his exs' pics to his parents something, and see how much easier your life will be. but seriously the less you know the better you'll sleep.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Why in the hell are these pictures available for you to look at? They shouldn't be.

And you say you want him to treat like his exes... You mean take you out and buy you stuff? Do you really need that to feel secure in your relationship with him?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Why in the hell are these pictures available for you to look at? They shouldn't be.

And you say you want him to treat like his exes... You mean take you out and buy you stuff? Do you really need that to feel secure in your relationship with him?
    Take you out, buy you stuff then dump you. Exactly just like an ex
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    Take you out, buy you stuff then dump you. Exactly just like an ex
    Haha, good call, man.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I deleted pics with my ex. First - because I didn't want to have anything to do with that jerk second - from respect to my bf. I don't think that he should keep those pictures in a place where you can see them. Not in an early stage of your relationship... In 10-20 years fine,but not when it's still fresh. I understand ,that you think that he isn't as happy as he was with his exes ? I guess it's a matter of the way it went with them. He got hurt, and he will not be able to trust as much as he was before. Try to find and show him a new way of being happy. Maybe you can make it.
    I wazzzz here