+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gossiping with co-workers

Gossiping with co-workers

Hey. I've posted about my problem before. But I want to know something specifically. First, I want to state, that I don't have a problem with my boyfreind talkingto girls from his work on the phone. It doesn't bother me.

My boyfreind has been chatting, what he calls gossiping with a certain girl at his work about work a lot recently(on the phine after work). When I asked about it he said he didn't really like her and he thought she was really immature but she liked the gossip about corporate as much as he did and thats the only reason he talked to her.

Is this normal?

To be honest, it sounds a bit dodgy to me.

If he doesn't like her, and if she is just a coworker there is no reason to dedicate so much of his free time to her. I'd say he has feelings for her - even if he can't admit it to himself - or, he likes her attention.

In any case, I would advise against any moves or showing of jealousy, as it can just drive him away from you.

You could try talking to him in a mature and open manner. Ask him why he thinks he is spending so much time on the phone with her and suggest alternatives - something fun he can do with you instead?

Shawn
    No links in signatures

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't be worried.
    I wazzzz here

He's been talking to her on and off for about three years to be particular. I had issues with jealousy in the past and he never told me about their conversations because he didn't want to spark a fight

Shawn, this isn't something guys would do? Ever?

In my experience, guys only tend to invest that much time into girls they're interested in. However, he's been doing this for 3 years (I'm guessing since before you came into the picture?), so there probably really is nothing to worry about. If it were more than just friends, something would've happened by now. And you don't find that he has to run errands at odd hours, or is looking for excuses to go out alone, do you?

I wouldnt worry if I were you. (From a male prespective).

No he doesn't really like going alone anywhere. He always wannts me around even when it's him and the guys

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The males at my work are just as big gossips as the women, and in some cases, they are worse.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No, it's not normal. In fact, it sounds like what someone does when they're interested in someone.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    No, it's not normal. In fact, it sounds like what someone does when they're interested in someone.
    He's been doing this for 3 years though? And nothing has come of it so far?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a lot of guys at my work that LOVE to gossip Well.. That's why I go to work We spend breaks just on gossiping
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    He's been doing this for 3 years though? And nothing has come of it so far?
    Just recently, on the phone, a lot...

That's the key difference. I don't know about most folk, but when I go home. I go home. I don't keep talking to people I work with about office gossip when I'm sitting at home with my spouse.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I have a lot of guys at my work that LOVE to gossip Well.. That's why I go to work We spend breaks just on gossiping
    But do they call you on your phone at home to talk gossip with you every night? That's the not quite right part.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, because I barely give my phone number at work. Because I have german numlber and i'm in Spain, so i'm using roaming ,and I can't take calls ,cause i have no credit :p and then they are like 15 years older than me, i don't feel like giving my nr to such old farts
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast