+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I dumb, desperate? What should I do?

Am I dumb, desperate? What should I do?

I'm going through kind of a lonely patch lately. I also have some anxiety issues that contributes to this.. ( And Yes, I know internet dating is lame whatever blablabla)

So I met this guy online. I'm 18 he's 26. From the get go we both said that we weren't looking for anything serious. Just something kinda fun and for the moment type of deal.

We've been talking almost everyday for like 5 month-ish. We never really confirmed anything but we talk flirty and send hearts and such <3. And tell each other that we're into each other and all that. You get the jist of it.

He lives in Europe. I've been kinda planning to go there. It's been in discussion and talked about a bit. Nothing really set in stone tho. I have some extra money to throw around, fun vacation, meet a guy I like, whatever.

So I'm like "Hey, lets talk on mic through MSN" And he kind of put it off a couple times. And I didn't think much of it. So I pretty much nagged him until he did.

To make a long story short I found out that he skypes another girl every night after 10, which is why he couldn't call me on msn. Which he at first lied about the whole thing...

I confronted him about it and he was like "what are you jealous?" "we're not together, I've been talking to this girl before I met you I just can't blow her off" Kind of like almost smug about it.

I mean, should I feel betrayed? The fact that he hid her from me is kinda sketchy. Do I have any sort of right to be bothered by it? We really aren't in a relationship but it was in the jist of it. And the fact that he wants me to come see him but doesn't seem to want to REALLY talk kinda makes me feel like he doesn't really care that much for me.

I mean I said to him many times that I didn't really want a serious long distance relationship. But I just feel like, he skypes with another girl all night while he talks to me and even CYBERED at times. It just makes me feel kinda played. But it isn't really playing if we aren't committed. But do you get what I mean?

And then I start thinking about the other girl. If he skypes with her every night, then she must really like him and probably thinks he is her boyfriend. And has no clue he is sending me hearts and planning to potentially **** me.

I mean, I feel like I have some sort of feelings for him. But I don't know if its because I have nothing better around or what... I think it is mainly because I find him extremely physically attractive.

Should I just delete him and move on?
    Or have no reason to by bothered by it and go on business as usual?

It would piss me off too and especially when I'd invested 5 months in him.

I like to be the 'only' woman in a mans life and am of the opinion that if a man is REALLY interested in me, he will make ME a PRIORITY, not an OPTION.

Ya, got to watch for them internet hoes. lmao I know some peeps that cyber on every state and every country. Nway, if u keep d relationship going? Let him spend d money to meet you. imo

From the get go you both said you didn't want anything serious and you have told him many times you don't want a serious long distance relationship so I don't understand why you are getting upset that he is talking to another girl. You haven't even gone so far as meeting him in person....just because you both talk flirt and send each other hearts etc i hardly think it qualifies as a committed relationship.

Get yourself a fella a little closer and get real.

He owes you nothing.

Although you two are not in a committed relationship, in my opinion he's playing you. If I were you I would use that fun vacation money and go somewhere with a girlfriend. If he is doing all of that with you and also skypeing another girl at the SAME TIME, he's not worth your time. I would never let that guy get anywhere near me. If you weren't looking for a serious relationship in the beginning there is a chance you might be now. Try cutting him off and if he does something about it then maybe continue to pursue him. Otherwise, he doesn't have enough respect for you to spend your hard earned money to go to Europe just to be a booty call.

After a very intense, 6-hour-long psychological analysis of your post with my colleagues, our professional conclusion is that you are dumb and desperate.

Buy yourself a cat.

lol

I know that he doesn't owe me anything but I just feel kinda deceived about the whole situation.
    I asked him if there were other girls and he said no many times.