+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does she still have feelings for me

does she still have feelings for me

My ex broke up with me a week ago. Our relationship was stale lately and we didn't have much fun together, but before that I know she loved me more than anything in the world. On top of that she had another guy, obviously a rebound on stand by, she just met him 2 weeks ago and that probably made her make the final move.

When she broke up she said she wanted to stay friends and I initially agreed.
    I asked if she would give it another chance, to try to fix our relationship but she didn't want to.
    She wanted me to move out of apartment asap but I'll stay here until next Wednesday and she's fine with that.
    Ever since this happened she's been going out every night, sometimes not coming back at all. It seems like she's trying to have fun just to avoid thinking about me.
    Her mom asked her why doesn't she try to talk to me about it but she said she didn't want to.
    She said she doesn't wanna sleep in the same bed with me few days back. Is she afraid of getting too close?

Ever since I told her I don't think we'll be able to be friends she changed her attitude and started being more friendly, I guess that shows she cares at least a little bit.
    She said she'll help me move.
    She used opportunity to hug me very closely twice with loving smile.
    She's very stressed out, lost 10 pounds and even got sick!
    She asked me few times where am I going, almost like she was jealous.
    She made ironic compliments about me going to gym because I didn't wanna go before when she was asking me. She kind of implied I should thank her for that, because I wouldn't be doing it had she not broken up with me.
    She asks me how was my day at work, how am I doing and such.
    She asked me few times to drop her off at work just like while we were together and I did.
    When she spoke to her mom I heard her sighing heavily, like she's bearing a load on her chest.

She's a very complex person and always hides her feelings, so I was wondering if any of those things signals her true feelings?
    So what is it:
    1. She doesn't love me as a boyfriend anymore but respects me and wants to maintain friendship?
    2. She still has feelings for me but tries to hide them, ignore them by running away because she made a decision and doesn't wanna give in?
    3. She still has feelings but doesn't wanna be with me because she's been with the other guy? (it's definitely not a serious relationship, he's leaving town soon)
    3. Any other ideas?

I've been thinking about writing her a thank you letter before I leave and wish her luck in the future just to stir up her emotions and then leave and don't call her for few weeks or a month and maybe she'll call me first.

My idea is to move out, give her some time and then slowly try to build new relationship instead of fixing old one. First we could talk on the phone, than maybe coffee, dinner, movie, date until she feels comfortable with me and then take it to another level.
    We were lacking fun in our relationship lately and I would do my best to make her laugh if we start hanging out together in the future.

I believe if she still has any feelings left, even if they are buried deep inside, bringing them back should be possible with right approach.

Please guys, help me out on this one, what do you think about her feelings for me based on above written? we spent 5 years together and I would love to get it all back if there is even a little chance!

I want to believe she left me because she felt insecure in her feelings and felt attraction to new guy and now she's acting cold because she's been with him, doesn't wanna hurt me and it's easier to move on than to look back, especially for stubborn person like her. Still it seems she can't hide her real feelings and that's why she's hugging me, being interested in my whereabouts and offering help.

Love does not conquer all. Whether or not she has feelings for you is completely different from whether or not the relationship is workable or acceptable to her.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I know that, but if she still has any feelings it would make it worth trying to work on relationship. If she doesn't it would be easier to let her go.