+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a note to all single ladies.

a note to all single ladies.

My semester at the university just started and I noticed a girl in my class so I decided to write her a little note telling her I was interested. I wrote "Hey. I find you very attractive and I'd like to buy you coffee. I don't give out my number to strangers but here it is haha (phone number). Looking forward to your reply. "
    I wanted to leave it on her desk but I was too late and class ended so I handed it to her in the hallway before we went our separate ways.

It's been 8 hours and she hasn't replied. I'm thinking whether I sounded too cocky or desperate and came out looking like a fool.

If a decent good looking guy did something like this to you ladies, how would you react? How would you reply, if at all? and When would you reply?

8 hours? Give it some time. If she is interested, she will contact you. Do you know anything about her? Maybe she has a boyfriend or something.

lol now u just made going to that class very weird for her haha. I'd just play it cool. Don't pursue her unless u makes some sort of contact with u to lead u on.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    shoving notes at girls is cowardly, and might creep her out. It is a bad approach and you're highly unlikely to have much success with it.

You will fare much, much, much, better if you simply struck up a conversation with her in the hallyway. This is actually incredibly easy as you're in the same class. You just need to say something like, "hey you're in my [subject] class aren't you? Do you know [insert subject related question]?"

Then just try and develop a rapport. Once you've made that initial contact, you can say "hi" pretty much every time you see her.

Going up to girls and saying "I THINK YOU'RE ATTRACTIVE AND I LIKE YOU, WANT TO GO OUT?" right off the bat almost never, ever works. If I can draw on a crude metaphor: It's like trying to shove it in without any foreplay, when the girl's still dry and tense. They need a chance to warm to you
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's not going to call you. She will look too desperate.

You should have talked to her and asked for HER number.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by bob323 View Post
    My semester at the university just started and I noticed a girl in my class so I decided to write her a little note telling her I was interested. I wrote "Hey. I find you very attractive and I'd like to buy you coffee. I don't give out my number to strangers but here it is haha (phone number). Looking forward to your reply. "
    I wanted to leave it on her desk but I was too late and class ended so I handed it to her in the hallway before we went our separate ways.

It's been 8 hours and she hasn't replied. I'm thinking whether I sounded too cocky or desperate and came out looking like a fool.

If a decent good looking guy did something like this to you ladies, how would you react? How would you reply, if at all? and When would you reply?

She probably thinks you walk around campus with a pocketful of identical notes, handing them out to any girl you come across.

(edit: Damn, that's actually not a bad idea. Wish I'd have thought of it a few decades ago.)
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

-------
    Last edited by hurt_confuzd; 29-08-10 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    shoving notes at girls is cowardly, and might creep her out. It is a bad approach and you're highly unlikely to have much success with it.

You will fare much, much, much, better if you simply struck up a conversation with her in the hallyway. This is actually incredibly easy as you're in the same class. You just need to say something like, "hey you're in my [subject] class aren't you? Do you know [insert subject related question]?"

Then just try and develop a rapport. Once you've made that initial contact, you can say "hi" pretty much every time you see her.

Going up to girls and saying "I THINK YOU'RE ATTRACTIVE AND I LIKE YOU, WANT TO GO OUT?" right off the bat almost never, ever works. If I can draw on a crude metaphor: It's like trying to shove it in without any foreplay, when the girl's still dry and tense. They need a chance to warm to you
    Conversation is the way to go.

I've had a lot of luck with girls I've never met by pretending I know them already. Ask them how something was. Another thing you could try is making up some campus event and ask her what she thought of it. When she asks what the hell you're talking about, say you saw her there.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 29-08-10 at 12:23 PM.

omg, hurt_confuzd I love your signature video! lol!

Ok, Vashti makes an excellent point;you should have gotten her number.

In fact, you should have done all of what everyone has posted so far!

Scenario:

Your class is finishing and you're both in the hallway heading to next class or whatever. Go up to her and say something like:

"Hi, I don't know if you know me, I'm in your {whatever it is} class, I'm {your name}"- wait for her name,
    "Well I'm planning on visiting the library/cafe/burger bar/whatever casual place there is, and I wondered if you'd like to come along"-wait for answer, if she says no then say
    "that's fine. I hope it's ok to talk to you about {whatever class you are both in} sometime if you like"-wait for her to agree or make excuse. Excuses aren't bad in themselves-a lot of them can be genuine- but you've hoping for her to look forward to chatting, or saying that will be great, or maybe even encouraging you to talk to her again.

If she says anything positive/agreeing, then cool! And if you had managed to get her to come along whereever and chat, then it would have been a good idea to get her number while leaving, so you can call her with the excuse of arranging more meet-ups.

At least, that's my idea of approaching her. It's like a casual way of asking to get to know her(i.e. talking to her), but without making it a *date* and still letting her get out of it. And I think it's nice to mention something in common to talk about, so that it doesn't seem odd that some random guy just wants to sit and talk to someone he doesn't know.
    Last edited by Charisma; 05-09-10 at 05:09 AM.

If someone said to me "I find you very attractive" I'd think they were a weirdo... but all the rest sounded fab. x
    "is your Dad a chicken farmer, because you sure know how to raise my cock"

i'd find it a bit odd but i'd be intruiged and txt you at some point.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

I dont think the note idea was very sly. It seems very middle school esk. Striking up conversation with someone in your class should be pretty easy. Just ask her a question about anything man and just see how it plays out.