+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do i do? (Met a girl on the internet)

What do i do? (Met a girl on the internet)

Hello, so im kinda new at this and i know it might sound silly.. But i could really do with some advice right now..

So about 3 months ago, i met a girl online. And at first we were just chatting sometimes, but while we were chatting, there was also another guy talking to us at the same time, so it was always just normal convosations.

So, when me and the girl were alone, we starting exchanging pictures, and i thought she was stunning, and she said she liked me aswell. So we continued to talk and flirt these past months, and i really started to feel strongly to her, and she the same to me. Before i continue, i should probably say she lives very far away from me, she lives in nederlands and i live in england.

So we would often go on webcam ect (You know what i mean), and she says things about how she wants to come to england to meet me, and she can see a life with me, and i could see it too since we talk for hours and hours together without ever an awkward silence. So i was speaking to her yesterday, and she told me that she loves me. And since i think about her all the time, i knew i was pretty sure that i loved her too, so i told her that. We were both happy that night, and i playfully asked her if there is anything else she wanted to tell me, and she said no.

So she went to her brush her teeth, then came back and sat down (she is always on webcam with me), and said she needed to tell me something, so i asked her what. And she told me that she slept with that guy i mentioned earliar (The one that was talking with us)

So after that i felt really depressed, and was asking her when ect... And she said it was when she knew me, but not when we started flirting ect.. She said it's because they were both single and wanted to try it. Then she told me that she feels nothing for him, and it meant nothing, and started going on about how she loves me and only me, ofc she started to cry, asking if i still liked her and stuff..

The thing is, they still do talk to eacthother (she says in just a "friends" way), and the guy lives only an hour away from her.
    Ofc i tried to be nice and say maybe you should be with him since our distance will be an issue, but she kept saying she dosen't feel nothing and wants me and saying she loves me so much.

I just don't know what to do.. I really want to look past this as i really do love her (I know this is weird, since we havent met in person yet) But it's just everytime i think about that guy being with her, the depression feeling comes back again.

I've had a few girlfriends in the past that i've known personally, but i've never felt this way about anyone before..

So could anyone possibly give me some advice on what i should do? Do i move on? or do i continue this "relationship" with her and trying to look past the whole sleeping with that guy thing..

Thanks in advance for reading my wall of text, and im waiting eagerly for a reply.. Thanks again

I think in the long run your distance might be more of a problem than her sleeping with that guy. I know it's not easy to accept right now, and I don't know your or her age, but I think you're over the teenage years, when you're more likely to meet a virgin. What I mean is, if she would have said she slept with a guy a few years before, would that really hurt so deep? She wasn't with you at that time, so it might as well happened years ago. If you're ok with having a non-virgin girlfriend, you should be able to put this behind you. Also you're probably jealous of him living so close... but if she seems trustworthy, you should trust her. A friendly chat won't hurt your relationship if she truly feels nothing for him. I think you should try to forget that incident and continue, seeing you like her so much.

What you should do is date locally from now on. Get out there and meet real girls in real life, and don't waste anymore time on some longshot deal from the other side of the planet.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Thank you for the replies..

Teel - We often talk about meeting each other, and she said she is coming to England this christmas. I don't have a problem with her not being a virgin, i know for a fact she has slept with other guys over the years (Shes had 3 boyfriends) but, i guess it's just hurting me at the moment since it happened when i met her, not that when we first met there was flirting but.. i just can't help feeling like this. The other relationships she has had dosen't effect me at all. I was talking to her about it today, and she was honest to say she didn't regret doing it, but still feels nothing, and only loves me ect..I know that i have fell in love with her (so has she apparently) so i really do want to continue.. but i can't help feeling that depression when i think about them together. I know for a fact they have been flirting with eachother before i came into the picture, but she said that stopped as soon as she started talking to me. Maybe it's a good thing she has told me about this, mainly for the honestly? And i am 19 years old, and she is 20. And thank you very much for your reply.

VincenzoG91 - I have always dated girls that live close to me, i've had quite a few girlfriends in the past, but there is just something i love about this girl.. and i can't stop thinking about her. For example, the last relationship i had lasted 2 years with a girl that lived locally, but i already feel more strongly to this girl i've met on the net? I know it sound so stupid, but i can't help what i feel :/

Anymore advice is greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by Nonamez; 01-09-10 at 02:39 AM.

You're headed here:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/25301-collection-doomed-internet-relationships.html[/url]
    Spammer Spanker

And then there was that disastrous adventure that Doppelganger recently survived.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    And then there was that disastrous adventure that Doppelganger recently survived.
    Yes! That should be added as well.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't care where im heading tbh But im glad i got some helpful advice none the less.

And yes, it's silly, but

Nonamez, I came to this forum just a few days ago, because of something a little similar: also have an online relationship that I felt love for way too soon, before meeting her in person (this seems quite common these days). Fortunately we live only about 100 miles away, so the problem is much smaller.

Even though I still feel she might be the one for me, reading this forum made me realise what the guys above said too: when you meet someone online there is just a bunch of information missing that you would get from a real life meeting. You fill up the void with guessing - and because the part of the person you know is very probably likeable, you complete her other side also with likeable qualities. This as logic dictates has more chance of failing - people always show their nicer sides, and online you can hide your negatives better.

However I always try to be optimistic so I told you these so that you know about it and act as you see fit. I will most definitely not ruin my chances of finding love, but my case is a bit easier than yours. However do try to meet her as soon as possible irl.

Thanks teel Hopefully be meeting near xmas, and then i guess we'll see how it goes.