+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you act toward someone you're starting to develop feelings for?

How do you act toward someone you're starting to develop feelings for?

I think someone I work with might like me but I can't tell for sure...he's really nice to everyone so it's hard to say. So, guys, what do you do/say when you're starting to like someone?

Well how exactly is this person acting toward you?

Well, I've started playing World of Warcraft (I'm a huge nerd...lol) and he'll spend hours leveling with me even though he said that he has more fun doing dungeons rather than leveling; he brought in candy for everyone one day & texted me the night before when he was buying it to see if there was anything special I wanted (he already knew my favorite candy and mentioned that he had already bought that, was there anything else), brought in doughnuts for everyone and also texted me that morning asking what I wanted (but he could have texted everyone for all I know), we text and email pretty often, and this weekend we're going to the zoo. He's always really nice and offers to do things for me like buy an expansion pack for WoW or help me to build a computer.

The thing is that he's really nice to everyone so I could be interpreting this all wrong. I just want to know without making our friendship super awkward, because if he wasn't into me I could live with that (might be better in fact, I've heard bad things about work relationships...) and I'd be happy to just stay friends, but at the same time he is a really cool guy and I'd definitely be interested to see where things could go. I suppose there is no way to tell for sure since each person acts differently to the person they like, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. >_<

Do you like him? Or fancy him?

Again, why don't you just ask him if he'd like to go out somewhere with you and only you? Make sure he knows its a date. And don't buy into that 'males should do the hunting' crap. If you like someone, you ask, regardless of whatever genitals they have.

you could try doing a bit of flirting and see if he flirts back. if he does then you could try and set up soemthing so that its only the two of you. not a date but like a friends thing and see how he acts. if he acts flirty during it then he probs likes you

I guess he definitely likes you , different from the co-worker whom I start to like . Read my post - Wonder if a male coworker likes me, then you can compare and make your own decision. Be happy and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by brace View Post
    I guess he definitely likes you , different from the co-worker whom I start to like . Read my post - Wonder if a male coworker likes me, then you can compare and make your own decision. Be happy and good luck
    I love how people post replies for the purpose of advertising their own threads.

No one will tell you that a work relationship is the worst thing in the world, BUT it's best to exercise caution. The hierarchy at work is something to be dealt with very gently. Dating a boss should be absolutely forbidden anywhere. Co-workers should be okay, unless your company has strict policies against it. Some do. Even at Starbucks, shift supervisors were not supposed to date baristas. It messes up the working relations of the whole staff.

Then there is the whole potential of break-up. Some people simply can't handle being in the same space with their ex and this is compounded when the break-up was a really bad one. It sometimes results in one person having to leave or change jobs because along with tension between the exes, it can really mess with the flow of the office as a whole.

Just some stuff to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by pandapandaas View Post
    I think someone I work with might like me but I can't tell for sure...he's really nice to everyone so it's hard to say. So, guys, what do you do/say when you're starting to like someone?
    You should continue to talk to him.
    If he doesnt make the first move, you should ask him to go for some coffee on your lunch break.
    Just work your way up from there.

@pandapandass: I am sorry if my thread let you think I am advertising! Pls delete my replies once you feel it is not for sharing!
    @Lahnnabell: I dont mean to advertising for my thread. I am new here, and I difficultly tried to find out my posts with searching tool on this forum. That's why I leave my thread's tittle. I find pandapandass post is right located behind my post, so I came and found that she is facing similar situation to me, so I just replied! What will I get to advertising my story? Is it very proud to get people reading your story, then smirked and gave bad thoughts about you while your core purpose is just for sharing?

@pandapandass: I am sorry if my thread let you think I am advertising! Pls delete my replies once you feel it is not for sharing!
    @Lahnnabell: I dont mean to advertising for my thread. I am new here, and I difficultly tried to find out my posts with searching tool on this forum. That's why I leave my thread's tittle. I find pandapandass post is right located behind my post, so I came and found that she is facing similar situation to me, so I just replied! What will I get to advertising my story? Is it very proud to get people reading your story, then smirked and gave bad thoughts about you while your core purpose is just for sharing?
    Your situation is slightly different. You have a boyfriend that you've committed to, and you need to deal with that first before you even think of pursuing anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyBee View Post
    Do you like him? Or fancy him?
    Yes, I think I'm starting to. I don't know him too well yet, but I enjoy talking with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvy View Post
    Again, why don't you just ask him if he'd like to go out somewhere with you and only you? Make sure he knows its a date. And don't buy into that 'males should do the hunting' crap. If you like someone, you ask, regardless of whatever genitals they have.
    Lol! Well we are going to the zoo Saturday so..I'm not sure if that counts or not? It's just going to be the two of us. I don't want to come out and ask him because we work together and I don't want to make things awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by therealjag View Post
    you could try doing a bit of flirting and see if he flirts back. if he does then you could try and set up soemthing so that its only the two of you. not a date but like a friends thing and see how he acts. if he acts flirty during it then he probs likes you
    Hmm..I think we kind of have been flirting when we talk online. As I said to the above poster, we're going to the zoo Saturday just the two of us but I'm not sure it's going to be considered a date. I think I'll know a lot more when that day comes and we're hanging out outside of work and the internet. I guess I'll just have to be patient...but I'm not good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I love how people post replies for the purpose of advertising their own threads.

No one will tell you that a work relationship is the worst thing in the world, BUT it's best to exercise caution. The hierarchy at work is something to be dealt with very gently. Dating a boss should be absolutely forbidden anywhere. Co-workers should be okay, unless your company has strict policies against it. Some do. Even at Starbucks, shift supervisors were not supposed to date baristas. It messes up the working relations of the whole staff.

Then there is the whole potential of break-up. Some people simply can't handle being in the same space with their ex and this is compounded when the break-up was a really bad one. It sometimes results in one person having to leave or change jobs because along with tension between the exes, it can really mess with the flow of the office as a whole.

Just some stuff to consider.
    Thank you for the heads up. He is higher up than me but he's not my direct supervisor...he's in another department. That's definitely something to consider which is why I want to get other peoples' opinions before I say anything to him.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanysb View Post
    You should continue to talk to him.
    If he doesnt make the first move, you should ask him to go for some coffee on your lunch break.
    Just work your way up from there.
    I'll definitely do that. We don't have the same lunch break because I'm part time and he's full time. But I think that hanging out outside of work is definitely a good idea. Can't wait for the weekend!

No worries, I didn't take it as advertising. I wish that I could offer you advice but I'm not good with these kinds of things.

It's good that he's not your direct supervisor, 'cause that would be very unprofessional of both of you. However, he IS a supervisor, which means he does pull rank over you regardless. You might want to talk to an HR person and get the scope on how your company handles these types of things.

Share something that bother u alot (different from work and his and urs relation) and see his reaction.. how far he goes to make u comfortable .. and dont discuss it in office .. nor some lonely place.. (you guys can get into sex which u may repent later) .. something like a restaurant or so.. if he seems to be getting bored or really wanna leave .. consider that he is not intreasted.. if he shows all his concern but vanishes for next few days but come back ( he is confused and have options) .. if he geniunely cares .. make u comfortable and treat you specially.. you are on gal ..

Quote Originally Posted by pandapandaas View Post
    No worries, I didn't take it as advertising. I wish that I could offer you advice but I'm not good with these kinds of things.
    Thank you! and dont bother to give me advice . Enjoy your pursuing At least it brings us happiness and joy (if you dont fancy too much about him ). Hope to hear good news from your story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast