+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does my brother act in these ways?need advice and help on this

Why does my brother act in these ways?need advice and help on this

Why does my brother act in these ways?need advice and help on this,,,,

even in our 30's he still wants to try to tell me what to do,never really compliments me for anything good i've done,doesn't even take note of what i've accomplish and orovercome.I just freaking hate his guts at times.I wonder if he knows it.He comes acros these ways and wonders why i don't visit his kids etc...and or see him at family functions.What is his deal?i can understand it if you are teens,but even up to now he is like this.He has acted really supportive of me in some ways,but it's those other ways he acts that really makes me hate his *** sometimes.Do you think he knows it..?he also tries to tel;l me what to do(in an annoying way)Last time i saw him i just hugged him and the didn't talk to him much.........We are all artists so i thought we would have common bond,but even at our age v32(me) and he's 37 it's like he wants to feel better and does stupid actions(ones that can make me go off)wrongly He's acts like a piece of crap....even my brother of 12 years older gets along better with me and is MUCH more supportive.Is my older brother delusional?the middle one i'm complaining about..I'm fit and go to the gym and he's fat(he's constantly got problems with his health because he doesn't take care of himself or his diet), so i wonder if that has something to do.Grown freaking men and he still acts like this...why can't he just admit that he has shortcomings and just can't measure up instead of being a moron about things?

I even went off to him to his face one time,and he still has the nerve.He is not like this ALL the time,but a couple times this year when i saw him he was like this.But about the complimenting thing,he never does that anyway,but i hear he says good stuff about me(my musical ability)when i'm not around him..Still though those other things make me mad...

Sounds like typical jealous brother behavior to me. Are you more successful than he is in one or more areas of your life?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not sure why - at the age of 32 - you still react to your brother as though you are both children.

I have an annoying brother, too. When he says/does dumb stuff (which is often), I just consider the source, and roll my eyes. Why do you CHOOSE to react so strongly, and have such an emotional investment?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?