+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he playing games w/ me? Help!

Is he playing games w/ me? Help!

The guy I'm talking to is my cousin's neigbor.. I began talking to him on Facebook. I thought he was cute & I told him I wanted to get to know him better. He told me he did too & asked me out on a date..On the spot! After we came from the movies, he text me & said I had a "Nice smile". I didn't hear frm him for 4 days. So, I txted him to ask if he was Really interested..or Not. He said he was, but he didn't know that I was. Couple of days later, I txtd him & told him I was going by my cousins house & askd him if he wantd to hang out for awhile. We txtd back and forth & finally met up in front of his house. I txtd wen I arrived to his house, but he never replied. I waited 20 mins. outside & nothing. I textd him again telling him "Im outside". Nothing! I waited 10 More mins. I left!! I decided to go to Denny's for dessert where he works (& he was working that night, too.) When I got there, I was Mad.. but mostly Confused. I felt he stood me up. He txtd me then & ask me where I was so I told him Denny's. He said he "fell asleep". He got there & said hi to me as he was passing by my table to serve his customers. Thats about it. The next day, early in the morning, he txtd me & he told me I was acting weird w/ him the night before. I explaind to him that I was mad, he apologizd about the whole ordeal. After awhile, he wouldn't txt me & I would. But one night it backfired. I txtd him & never received a reply. That day he IMed me on Facebook saying that if he had replied to my txt, why didn't I reply back? I told him I never received that text. Then he signed off. The following day, I IMed him on fb explaining that we had bad timing & miscomminications. He tells me that "I'm playing games" because I never replied to the txts he sent & that I should "Stop feeding him lies" because I "was never interested". He said he was More interested than I was & that he was sorry if he didn't have alot of time to talk between; work, school, & practice w/ his band.
    We decided that we were going to talk when he was free. A couple of days later I was going to my cousins house & I saw him outside. I askd him if he was still mad at me & out of nowhere he grabed me & hugged me. We talked fr about an hour, holding hands at the same time (his doing). We talked about alot of things- even personal issues. Before iIleft he told me to txt him when I got home. I did just that. I didn't hear from him after that. I text him & told him I thought we had made progress when we talked the week before, but I didn't know what to think, because he hadn't contacted me. He replied that there was, but the last few days he was signing up for school & working. He said he wasn't getting enough sleep & in his spare time he was resting. He "had not had time to think". Yesturday I text him & askd him how his first day of class was. Didnt reply. Havent heard from him since. So,... is he playing games??

You know what I think he is just playing stupid male ego games. I think you should back off for a minute and let him do the chasing .. if he really likes you then he will defiantly make time for you and show you

good luck

Tell him if he doesn't have 20 seconds to type up a damn text message then he shouldn't talk to you at all. I hate people that say that. "Oh sorry I didn't respond I was busy". That's such a load of crap. I always respond to texts unless my phone is physically not with me. In school, at work, with friends, with relatives, whatever. It doesn't take much effort. Even if he's busy he should text you and say "Can't talk sorry I'm busy". Easy. And if he's using that "Oh I duno why you didn't get my texts I guess my phone is being weird" excuse, stop texting him. Call him from now on. Tell him you're going to back off until he gets his sh*t together.

Agree with star89 and WaiKru, you better think less about him and then move on. Let him chase you if he really cares for you. No man ignores their gf like that if he interested in you. He is playing his own game and you are his victim.

Agree with WaiKru. You will keep going back and forth with the text messages and whatever. And from the looks of it, he doesn't sound like a man willing to commit to a relationship. Maybe, in terms of committing to his school/work/band so thats why you should back off and see what he feels without you, that will make him set his priorities straight. If he wants you, he will come and do everything to earn your love, if not, then.. I guess there isn't much room for you in his life.

in my opinion, you should back off for a minute and let him do the chasing

In my opinion, you should find another guy to date. This guy sounds like a lot of work and a headache.

tbh he probably doesn't know what he wants half the time and you don't need that. leave it and find some other guy.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Sounds like all kinds of games:

Monopoly
    Aggravation
    Sorry

Maybe you could play Clue with him and warn him that his next game will be Solitaire.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I think you need to grow up.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."