+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he lying so i change my mind and marry him ?

Is he lying so i change my mind and marry him ?

hello.
    well, i'm Christian-arab, 17 years old girl and i'm in a relationship of 6 months with muslim, 18 years old syrian guy.
    so before 2 months he started talking about marriage and all, i don't want to marry him because i have no intention of changing to any other religion and i don't want to disappoint my parents.. he felt that i don't want that kind of future with him but i said that by time we will see what happens.

after one week he called and said that he has applied to go study in the USA, and got accepted. and is going to take the tickets and tear them because he want to stay with me.
    i didn't believe him so i started asking questions, i asked him how did you apply ?
    he said he went to the embassy, got a form that has lot of pages, filled them with information not 100% accurate, and he also said that there was a question about his parents financial states that he answered a rediculas answer that doesn't have anything to do with the question.
    so i told him did you have an acceptance of and American college when you applied, he said no .... and here is the thing, you can't get a visa to study in the usa unless you have an acceptance of one of the USA colleges.
    i also asked him if he scheduled an interview he said no. so i told him to show me the tickets next day.
    he said i threw them in the trash.

i have a Strong feeling that he is lying but i didn't tell him a i acted like i believed him. after two weeks we broke up .
    but we got back together the next week.

i still think he's lying so i make a similar sacrifice and marry him and change my religion and i don't want to do that!
    i want to breakup with him but i'm still not sure
    sometimes i think he telling the truth, can you help me with any information you have on this visa thing ?
    and if hes lying, how do i confront him?

please help

as a muslim myself, i am telling you be very careful before doing anything stupid. Find out 100% if he is lying or not and even after think very careful about marriage. Techinically according to islam a christian girl doesn't have to convert to islam even when marrying a muslim, however as you know people do not follow things by the book and he might indeed force the religion on you. So yeah be careful about everything.

It sounds like he was lying and it was just an empty gesture. Even if he wasn't, you still should be very careful about marriage. You are very young and have your whole life ahead of you. So there is no reason to rush.

sounds like he was lying and trying to manipulate you. why would u want to be in a relationship with such a person, much less marry him ??

liar liar liar. don't let him drag you through the mud at such a young age. live YOUR life not his weird fantasy one.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.