+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If she says she needs a break from guys... is there really no hope?

If she says she needs a break from guys... is there really no hope?

Hi, this is kind of new to me... but figured this site seems can support a few answers..

there is this girl i talked to and i've been showing interest and consideration to her and imo i also think she's shown me some interest too..
    i really find this girl very special since she shares so many similarities and i want something more from her. she's also very attractive but besides that we have so much in common..
    she broke up with her boyfriend not long ago, but according to her it was gna happen anyway and doesnt seem to have much of an effect on her.. infact she said the reason would be other things like many guys liking her atm.

she didnt really tell me if she was tired because of guys liking her, but she did say she needs a little break from boys and says she doesn't want to get involved with someone :S

even if i try to take things steadily and slow with her.. is there any hope?

you don't have to stop talking to her, but you DO have to respect what she wants. you should be thankful she told you outright and is trying to send a clear message. there's nothing wrong with her wanting to just be single and independant. don't force anything just be yourself. the more you push her, the more she'll pull away.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Guys like her automated teller machine?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Guys like her automated teller machine?
    what do u mean? if u mean she tells me that guys like her.. yeah i can completely understand why, she seems to be popular among her peers. also she says it gives her a little discomfort since a few of them are only nice to her in ways which are explained by them in love with her :S

atm = automated teller machine

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No. ATM = Ass To Mouth, which I assume some guys would quite like.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

atm = At the moment

Yeh, yeh, sorry to be the nerd who spoils all the fun
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

thanks for the quick help guys... kinda stopped chain-smoking cz of u ^^

uh yeah by atm i didnt mean automated teller machine or ass to mouth... isn't at the moment globally simplified as atm oO?

i was wondering if inviting her to dinner and/or for a few cocktails at mine would be a little too much? Always wanted to do this with her but if, for the while, it seems a little too direct then i shall step back :'(

BigBang...are you in the Friend Zone with this chick?

Is it possile shes telling you shes not looking for a man to keep you from trying to get with her?

I think you should take it slow & careful. I mean if its not going to be the type of relationship you want then move on. Dont get used while waiting for your shot!
    I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen... Lloyd Dobler

Yes, I do believe you stull have a chance with her. Most people need a break from dating after a recent break-up, because they needvtime to recover from any hurt feelings they may feel. If you want a relationship with this girl, wait a few months and then try to move things slowly, don't try to rush her into something she's not ready for.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvGuru View Post
    BigBang...are you in the Friend Zone with this chick?

Is it possile shes telling you shes not looking for a man to keep you from trying to get with her?

I think you should take it slow & careful. I mean if its not going to be the type of relationship you want then move on. Dont get used while waiting for your shot!
    No im not, we just got to know each other. I've said stuff like i'd like to get to know you better, hopefully we can become good friends etc... but along with the context she should know that i didn't mean just friends..

That's what i was worried about, whether she told me that, to draw a line so i dont approach her unless we really become 'homies'.

but yeah, taking it slow seems like the only way for now. i'd like things to move clearly and nice.. i usually avoid complicating situations but i feel something certain about her so im going to hold on to this for the while.

Thanks again!

Just take her feelings into consideration, You do have a chance with her but don't pressure
    her just give her space. You can still communicate with her and stuff and be a friend.
    But take it easy and take it slow

Hope this helps neighbour

Sapphire x

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, I don't think a girl who was really interested in you woudl say "I need a break from guys". I certainly wouldn't.

I think you've been friend-zoned.

Sorry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbang View Post
    uh yeah by atm i didnt mean automated teller machine or ass to mouth... isn't at the moment globally simplified as atm oO?
    Not really. Never saw that abbreviation used that way until this year. It isn't going to work out, since there are already two uses for the abbreviation, one involving sex and one involving money. Nothing can compete with sex and money.