+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crazy or Not here I come...

Crazy or Not here I come...

So, my boyfriend and I are completely in love with each other, I don't dislike him... I love him.

He is 30, I am 22. So a little background info. I am quite the social butterfly. Whenever I go places, and do things, I like to be spontaneous and a little off the deep end sometimes. An example of this would be, if I were out and I ran into somebody i didn't know and had a chat or talked to a random from work, usually I would either exchange numbers based upon how well myself and that person got along and only if we were getting in touch over something we discussed. So you can imagine how many people I have come to know, however, my relationship seems to get between me and my friends and that i don't really appreciate.

So, i am social.

Now, I have no problems with sitting and home and watching movies, eating supper, or just enjoying each others company, however regardless of my financial standings I really feel the need to at least get out for a drive or even go enjoy a drink with my co-workers. Now lately I have actually started a weekly event where we go out and have spinach dip and a drink, occasionally I decide to indulge in a night out with my friends. Seeing as I am 22 I really don't see a problem with it, and yeah I enjoy my alcohol. Now whenever I go out somewhere he insists that I need to call him and let him know where I am and what time I will be home, and like any other 22 year old girl out there I usually don't know what time I will be returning, this usually results in a fight.

So, i like to party.

Now the stupidity of me, I used to have my own place with couches, bed, dresser, TV, kitchen stuff, and household essentials. Well we made the decision to move in together because we were engaged. Now we talked about it and came to the agreement that we needed new couch, new TV, new bed, new new new new new. So you can imagine where my stuff ended up... Yup, in the trash and sold. So now I live in "his" house even though I am on the lease and he has tried to kick me out several times as a result of fights we have had. as it currently stands we are now on the verge of breaking up, I am sleeping on a floor, and he thinks I choose alcohol over him.

Right now, I am at a loss, I don't know if I am crazy and I am overlooking something, maybe he is right and I am a terrible person, but how else am I supposed to feel? I feel like a prisoner in my own home... the real kicker is that he is a great guy, never laid a hand on me and lets me do whatever i want EXCEPT have cell phone privacy, and talk to randoms.... help?

It almost sounds like you are in two different places in life which is why a lot of these problems occur. It's probably the age difference thing. It sounds like he is getting serious about family life (i.e. where he is heading with the engagement) and for his partner to be a serious family person not someone who still goes out with friends into the wee hours of the night and does all sorts of non serious, non family oriented activities. You on the other hand see things from a different perspective, as you say you are young, social butterfly who needs to go out and be surrounded by people. Both of you are right in a way. You need your non serious fun and excitement and other things that give you more experience. He needs stability and a partner who will act as a serious person ready to start a family. These two drives are both justiafiable, but unfortunately likely irreconcilable. So it's time for a choice, him or the experience that you need. I think the answer is obvious,
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah you are "Hard to Handle"...

I agree with Mishanya, The 2 of you are in 2 different places and age is playing a huge part in the problems. He older he wants or is ready to slow things down and your a 22 year old socialite. I also agree that the answers to your problems will come in the form of a choice being made, either turn down the partying or party as a single woman.
    I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen... Lloyd Dobler