+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused & torn between the two. Help please.

So confused & torn between the two. Help please.

So I really don't know what to do. Here's my situation. I have been dating my current boyfriend on and off for 2 years now and we have a 6 month old together. But even when I was pregnant things were rocky. We argue and fight but it's so comfortable being in that relationship. You know he accepts me for all my faults and he accepts my body the way it is now after having a baby stretch marks and all.
    But then there's guy number 2 who makes me feel all giddy again and makes me smile and has me listining to slow songs all day and thinking of him. He knows I have a baby and he has a baby too. I really like this guy and it feels so different with him. But I am afraid of jumping into anything because I'm so insecure w my body and my stretch marks and I don't know how he will react. I'm so confused.

Analogie- Should I stay with the old dull clunker car that's reliable, or should I take my new shiny red sports car that just might break down halfway there.

Ughhhhh helllllp. "/

if i'm in your situation i'd choose the one who can accept me. you're together for years.
    for how long do you know your guy numbertwo?

Ask yourself if your current relationship something work fighting for, If not for yourself, what about your child? How well do you know the "New Guy"? Its way to easy for us to imagine being with someone else will result in happily ever after. At the sametime staying in your current relationship because hes reliable isnt the best reason...I hope that helps.
    I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen... Lloyd Dobler

Yeah I see what you mean. But in all seriousness I'm not even happy with my current relationship. I mean yes he accepts me for me but we argue non stop and we barely talk. I think we both are just staying in the relationship bc it's comfortable and that is really it. This new guy I have only been talking to for a couple weeks and I really do like him but it's like walking into unknown territory and if it dosent work out then I will end up alone.
    It's really difficult. My emotions are driving me crazy. I refuse to cheat on my current boyfriend though. I will hopefully figure this out soon and make the right decion.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLadyA View Post
    even when I was pregnant things were rocky. We argue and fight but it's so comfortable being in that relationship. You know he accepts me for all my faults and he accepts my body the way it is now after having a baby stretch marks and all
    how often dyu fight? if it's as often as it seems to be, he doesn't seem to accept your character as much as you may think he does.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.