+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, help me analyze this

Guys, help me analyze this

I met a guy online 2 years ago. We became very good friends and eventually felt attracted to each other. I met him in person this year and he admitted that he was still attracted to me but eventually he slowed down in communicating and when I tried to reach him, there were no response. I sent him an email to ask what is going on and he replied giving me reasons that we both shared similar behavioral traits which he feels could be harmful to the r/ship and asked me a few questions to which i replied in length and asked him to decide if he wishes to continue or if he needed more time... he never replied and after a week he fwded me an article about dating and never mentioned anything abt the email i sent. I just replied a casual mail days later and as I was traveling there were no communication then except for some comment and response to my pics on FB. A week after returning, I decided to remove him from my social networking sites and informed him abt it that it was for my own reasons and wished him the best for his future.. he replied me the same day saying that he was facing challenges and was busy with family commitments. He gave me the same two reasons he mentioned earlier and said that he was currently working on it for himself and needed more time to commit which was why he couldnt say yes or no which makes me so puzzled as I mentioned clearly in the email i sent him to let me know if he needed more time. He ended by saying that it was fun to have known me and wished me luck for my search...

I'm so sorry, I know this could be so obvious that he is not interested to continue and I should move on, but I feel so disappointed with how he could give such excuses and on top of that admitting the fact that there is a strong attraction but for this reasons, he finds it difficult to decide. We have not even spent time with one another in person and I can't comprehend how someone could pass such judgments without even spending time together doing different things...I really liked him a lot but guess he is just not worth my love and concern...what do you think he means?

I dont think the attraction was there...There are a number of reasons behind his excuses. Sometimes people like to keep people on a string...When/If option A doesnt workout option 2 is just a phone call away. i think you were correct in removing him from your networking, your better off.
    I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen... Lloyd Dobler

thanks LuvGuru, well some people seem to think that having options is normal and somehow they have become numb to their own feelings due to past experiences...

Why does crap have to be analyzed? He's being flaky, you don't like flaky, move on with your life and stop worrying about it. Shesh.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."