+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know when to call, text, etc. Really into her.

Don't know when to call, text, etc. Really into her.

I've been dating a woman for three months now, and it's going well. Last weekend we decided we're boyfriend and girlfriend now, and I couldn't be any happier . . . well almost.

The thing is, I want to communicate with her every day. So far, I 've restrained myself, but it's hard. I think I might be in love with her.

For instance, we're together Saturday and Sunday, we text a couple of times each on Monday, and I give her a quick call on the night. Tuesday, she starts texting and it's about three each, through the day. I was the last one to text.

Then today, nothing. I don't really get that. I'm very disciplined about it though, i.e. I rarely send two texts in a row without waiting to get one back from her. I suppose I'm thinking that if I initiate to much, I'll come across as needy.

Any thoughts? Have we been together long enough for me to be the one who initiates phone calls and texts most of the time, without worrying about her losing attraction for me?

Thanks in advance

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think after dating for months you're free to call practically as much as you want. Unless "as much as you want" is 10 times a day.

I agree. I would hope that anyone I was dating would be well-past this stage of insecurity by the 3rd month in. If I weren't sure, I'd ask though. Just keep it simple, "How often do you like to communicate with me?" You don't have to get emotional or upset.

Ok, thanks. It's been a while since I've been dating someone this long. It's good to have a mature opinion on the subject.

i think it's good to not come across as needy in the beginning cos it puts girls off. but if you're an item you can relax a bit more. you're exclusive and your feelings for each other are becomming more intense.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Only neediness puts women off and if they aren't that interested to start with.....

A guy can call me as much as he feels like it and I dont mind one bit, if Im really into him.

Thanks guys

Dude, text her each day just to say good morning. She'll love it. Otherwise, text when you have something to say. Just don;t get obsessive. If she doesn't text back, that's cool, she's busy. Then just catch her tomorrow morning with a good morning. Society has ingrained that men are the initiators in the relationship. Don't worry too much if she doesn't initiate, focus instead on what she does say when you talk.

^^ good idea. but i always thought good night txts were more meaningful. get into the habit of txting each other just before bed.

Hmmm, both are nice ideas! Texting goodnight is, unfortuntely, not possible. She can't get a signal in the house!

So, the good morning one sounds like the best option.

You've got me thinking. I'm more than happy to initiate, I've just been thinking things like, "If she's into me, why doesn't she initiate more / reply sooner?"

But you're absolutely right. Men initiate. As long as everything else is good, her texting and calling habits don't mean anything. I can take the lead, brighten her day, and let her know I care about her. Just by sending one text a day, regardless of the response.

Thanks!

if she's into you and normally gets up earlier than you, you may find that she txts you 1st anyway.