+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do guys do this?!

Why do guys do this?!

I need to vent. I can't tell my family or friends because they'll freak out.

Why can't exes just stay dead? Not literally, figuratively.

One of my exes and I had a terrible break up. He hit me so I left him. There was no hesitation on my part even though we'd been together for 4 years. He got very angry and claimed that I quit the relationship and didn't even attempt to work out our problems. In the end he threatened to do me harm and I cut all communication blocking his number, email, facebook, etc.

This ENRAGED him and I moved disappearing into the ether. He tried to find my whereabouts from family and friends but they all hate him.

It's 3 years later and at 4am this morning I get a text from an unknown number "B___ has died. Just thought you should know." At first I thought it was a wrong number. I didn't recognize who B___ was. After a moment I realized that it was this kid that I went to high school with, wasn't friends with, and didn't know very well. I was sad that he had died but I was confused as to why anyone would text me the news at 4 am. I text back "Who's this?" and my ex reveals that he's texting me under a new (unblocked) number.

Having dealt with this guy's drama 3 years back I know that any response (positive or negative) is just going to create a problem so I ignore him.

As the day passes I get 2 emails from him, also from a new account. He even had the nerve to ask me if I could get him some free stuff from the place I worked.

What the f*ck is up with this behavior? The last words he ever heard me say (over the phone because I didn't feel safe meeting with him) were: "I don't ever want to talk to you ever again. I mean it. I'm serious."

What part of that is so hard to understand?

It sounds like he has no respect for you at all. You should probably reply to his email saying that if he ever contacts you again you will go to police and charge him with harrasment and stalking.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I threatened him with a restraining order before, his response "I dare you to do it. Are you purposefully trying to piss me off?"

My parents were really pushing me to get one which is why I don't want to tell them he's back to his old tricks.

He has resorted to talking about violence so for now I've just blocked his new email and number again.

He doesn't know where I live which is good.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why keep it in secret? Maybe you should ask your brothers (if you have some) or your friends to kick his ass so he will stop thinking about being such creepy ****er. He need some real ass kicking or few punch-kicks in the face. Yuukk. Go to the police.
    I wazzzz here

I just want him to go away. I don't want any drama.

I also don't want my parents to worry about me like they did when we broke up.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe they have to, I would worry if you were my sister :/ This guy totally sounds like a psycho.
    I wazzzz here

He has strange possessive ideas about women.

Pisses me off that 3 years after I'm done with him he still has the potential to cause my family grief. Just makes me hate him more.

I'm going to ignore him and see if he goes away for good this time. If not, I'll take further action.

If he knows where you work, he might try to follow you home. Be careful.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

you need to bring this out into the open and tell your nearest and dearest otherwise, he's still controlling your life in a way. i think you need to email him about being serious in contacting the police. if you don't want to, get your mum/ dad to do it after talking to them about this.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Honestly, you should ignore him completely. Don't fuel the fire. He seems mentally unstable and will probably do something really bad in a fit of rage. I know guys like these, they'll throw reason out and do whatever their emotions tell them to. Even if you threaten a restraining order, he may still try to come and hurt you.

Lay low for now and ignore any and ALL communication from him. If someone texts you from an unknown number and you have even the remotest suspicion it's him, DON'T reply. Just continue to live your life, he's just trying to get to you. As the old saying goes, "Live well. It is the best revenge."

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My advice is to ignore for now but keep all messages and emails should anything worse happen as proof so you have concrete evidence.

I'm wondering how come he had your number?

Unless you've had the same number for over 3 years that is.

I'd just ignore the ass.

A Psychological Answer

First let me say I sympathise and empathise with you

Your ex has had to face rejection and a big blow to his ego and maybe considers you still as one of his possessions

He has shown he has limited coping mechanisms and shows no eloquence

if he contacts you again and you have to communicate - I should point out 1 that if he truly loved you he would respect you and not violate your trust and leave you in peace

Also that you have decided never to see him or communicate again - decide comes from the latin and means cut off (forever)

If you feel in physical danger then please report it to the relevant authorities - police as fitting

Then focus on making sure that are safe

I hope it has not deterred you from entering into a committed relationship with someone else as there are things you can do to regain your own and a partners trust

Hope that helps and above all keep smiling xx

maybe is just harassing you to make you fear him (to make you do what he wants) or he is serious, in that case you better start some legal shits.
    by ignoring him you're protecting him so he can continue.
    you don't want to end up dead in the side of the road do you?
    a good beating on him from your friends works miracles and besides it's fun.

To answer the thread title, most guys do NOT act creepy like this. Unfortunately, the few that do give the rest of us a bad name.

So sorry that he's treating you like this. Any updates?