+ Follow This Topic

Thread: uncomfortable problem

uncomfortable problem

I go to school every day, and I work hard. There's just this really pretty girl I saw once and she was standing there at the train station and I was close, so maybe I thought that was my chance. But I remembered her school (which was all female) didn't particularly like my school (all male), the reason being that our school is very good academically so the people in her school all think of us as you know, down right nerds. It's not the case as I think I'm a quite handsome person, and I want to change their views. Any advice? Thankyou.

if you see her everyday in the same train station as you, next time say "hello". Introduce yourself, and you've already a subject to talk to: your schools. Yoy don't have nothing to lose. Good Luck

yeah... don't let some stupid stereotype hold you back from meeting a nice girl. if she can't see past the school you go to then she is probably very shallow and not worth your time. BUT you will never know until you try. just do what blue said, and you never know! but really u have nothing to lose here.

King Zarathu Guest
    but don't be retarded like:

"hi how are you--my name is <name here>. i don't like that ur school thinks of us as nerds. that's completely a false interpretation, according to the prophecy as well."

she'd beat the shit outta you.

be FUNNY! and very cocky.
    Last edited by King Zarathu; 31-10-04 at 02:44 AM.

i agree with everything above except the cocky part. i hate cocky guys. i love confident guys...... there is a fine line between the two. just don't come off cocky or you will come off like a jerk!

Heh, yeah cocky is not cool. I too went to a "nerdy" all guys school. Hell, my prom shirt said "socially awkward" on it as a joke (a well known magazine in Dallas had made a comment about our seniors being socially awkward). However, if you just be yourself then it shouldn't matter what school you go to or what opinion is generally held about your school. If she likes you for who you are it really wont matter

socially awkward?!? thats a new one......... you should market a shirt like that. it's funny!

She isnt gonna care about your school, talk to her, she'll see past that if you get along well (and dont be cocky!)
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Well thanks for all the advice. I will try my luck tomorrow when I go to school!