+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my bf sister

my bf sister

hi everyone, since i last updated there has been some changes, my bf dad lives out in thailand with his sister and now she might be coming back to live with us.
    my bf has already told me she is devious and not to tell her too much.
    it has made me become really anxious of her coming here. me an my bf where planning to start trying for a baby middle of next year and i feel that if she comes back it will all go out the window, as she will be taking the spare room.
    my bf has already said 'i'm going to be responsible for her' coz she is only 17

am i looking to much into this or do i keep my back up to her? i want to get along with her obviously but i dont want me an my bf to fall apart coz of her either.
    he is so excited that she is coming back, maybe i feel like im going to be second best?

any one had same trouble need to chat

thanks

Gina

I'd be seriously uncool about it.

It's not your bf's responsibility to take care of his sister, no matter if she's 17 or any other age. Plus the fact that it's not just him living on his own, there's also you. So whoever-whither it's him or his family or his sister- shouldn't just decide oh yeah let's have his sister stay with him even though he's living with his gf. I know it's probably not happened like that, but it still feels really stupid.

I would be putting my foot down about it. You're wanting to start your own family, not take care of someone else's daughter who is already almost grown up- especially if she is devious.

I don't know if I'm making any sense, but what happens if she gets in trouble, or doesn't leave *home* til she's middle aged, or you and your bf split up? What happens to everything? It makes things 20 times more complicated, plus it makes life harder for you and your bf. What if yous want to go on holiday, or if she wants to have friends over, or you do end up having a baby, because yous are all entitled to those things. It's just gonna suck so frigging much for yous if she does move in with you- and I'd be more than a bit anxious about it, I'd be raging about it.

i am angry but i dont want to be angry to run my bf away, he accepts my family so why cant i accept his? ahhhh so hard coz im nervous more than ever now
    she sounds like a total b**** but i cant exactly say that to him.
    yes you do make sense, she is meantg to be coming here just to get a new start coz in thailand she is selling herself and stuff for money which isn't good and my bf and his family are very worried abouot her.
    i dont know what to say ordo tbh just waiting for a reply whether she's coming or not

Ironically, I was in almost the exact situation. My husband is Thai, but they do not live in Thailand. We had his 18 year old sister live with us for a while, and she was a spoiled little brat. It didn't break us up, but his sister and I did end up having it out a few times. My husband knew that I was the one being sensible, and accommodating.
    As for planning a baby, don't let his family plan your life. If you want a baby, have one. I caution you though, I'm not sure how old you are but you've made it clear you are not married. Just because you are in a good relationship now it doesn't mean you always will be. Talk about all your plans for the baby, including how you will handle things if you break up. No one likes to talk about a future break up, but not being married, being young (which I'm not sure if you are), and not being sure of the future (who is when they're young), can make for a hectic situation when you add baby.