+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pretend It Never Happened?

Pretend It Never Happened?

I met this girl more than two years ago back in college. I was attracted to her in the beginning, but she had a boyfriend so I gave up on the prospect of pursuing her. Regardless, we still ended up being good friends after college, even though we don't live very close to each other or see each other often (we've been keeping in touch a lot through all the classic electronic means).

I finally met up with her recently after not seeing her face to face for more than two years, and she was flirting with me a lot both during the visit and throughout the following week afterwards, even though she is still with her boyfriend. It came to a head when she sent me a text message the following weekend asking me if it was 'weird/wrong' that she has found me 'attractive' for the last two years. The text came late at night, so I suspect alcohol played a part in that particular move.

I was comfortable with us just being friends, but despite the awkwardness this latest move has definitely brought back my old interest, especially since we seem to get along well otherwise. My response was to text her back saying that there was nothing 'wrong' with it, which probably wasn't the best way I've ever handled a situation. After a few days of hearing nothing back from her, she started talking to me again regarding a completely unrelated subject, and from there we've been going back and forth on random topics and saying nothing more about that little exchange. I would have found the comment flattering if it didn't leave me wondering what's supposed to happen next.

It's been a week since she first dropped that comment, so I guess I'm wondering if I should confront her about it or let it go. Acting like nothing happened just seems so childish. If it's a comment she regrets, and she either has no interest or chooses not to act on her interest, I wish she would at least make some kind of apology for the comment (not that I'm offended by it, but simply for sake of closure...). But in the interests of either pursuing her or at least not hurting my chances with her (anymore at least...), I don't want to create any more conflict that could potentially compromise things between us. Or (in a less likely scenario) is/was that comment supposed to be my cue to make a move in spite of her having a BF? Suggestions?

Let it go. Shes properly going through a rough patch with her bf and is looking for attention.

yeah i think that hello1 is right. if you play up to that comment she'll start turning you into her 'back-up plan' just incase something goes wrong with her guy. leave her to it and find a lovely girl who will make you her number 1, not her insurance.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.