+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice needed

advice needed

Hi guys, thought i would post on here as i really don't know what to do, basically i have been going out with my girlfriend now for around 2 years, we are both 20 years of age, for the past couple of month we have been argueing way too much (it was the summer holidays and we basicaly had 4 months together, only time we were apart was when we went the toilet, quite literally) well a couple of weeks ago we had an argument and i told her to go home. we never seen eachother that week and when i text her she told me she needed time to think and she needed her space. I felt like the relationship was over, i felt like we argued too much and basically this was it, i was at one of the lowest points in my life, my mum was worried about me as i stopped eating and would randomly break down in tears in front of her if she even mentioned my girlfriends name. My friend told me this was unhealthy and i know he was right, i figured i needed to get over her so i went into town clubbing and i kissed a girl (it was a very short kiss with no tongue or anything) i pulled away but not right away probably about 3-4 seconds into it. My friend seen it and 2 others know about it. 4 days later i went to her house and we talked it out, we realised that its basically because we seen too much of each other and we didn't do anything with just our friends, the other one was always there. we've been seeing eachother a few times a week since and it seems as though the relationship has really mended. Trouble is now i feel guilty as hell, what should i do, i've read lots of threads were people have been advising not to tell their significant other about a one off kiss they will never do again, but then others have said if there is any chance she could find out tell her because its better to come from you than someon else. If she ever found out i could always say that the girl kissed me and i pulled away, but i kind of kissed back at first, thats why i feel so guilty, i honestly feel horrible and don't know what to do, any advice will be apreciated, thanks in advance.

By the way i forgot to mention, the girl kissed me, she was kind of prompted by my friend. Anybody got any advice on what i should do?

This is just my opinion..but i think that you should tell her that, because its not good to lie in a relationship. She will find out that sooner or later...so tell her the truth and say that it didnt meant anything

Thanks LoveYou, I was in my girlfriends house for the pasts few days since i posted this, i ended up telling her because i burst out in tears in front of her and there was no really hiding it once that happened. Well she has said she will stay with me and try to forgive me, she has cried a few times butthere has been on the odd time when she has been really happy and i think forgotten about it for a little while. Do you think we can recover from this? is there anything i should do to maybe help her feel better? And also im still trying to comprehend exactly what ive done, would you say what i did was cheating? my girlfriend has said so because i went out with the intention of kissing someone and also because theremust of been a second before i pulled away when i kissed back. Thanks in advace for any advise

Thats really great that you told her. The truth is always better. Yeah i think that you 2 can recover the relationship, just try to be there for her and support her with what ever she says, show her how much you love her. Thats all you can do for her.
    well.. i dont think that i would say that would be cheating, but at the same time..i can understand how your girlfriend feels. How would you think if she kissed an another guy? not so good right? So try to understand her feelings, make her feel better by being there for here and love her