+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship Status - How To Bring Up The Topic?!

Relationship Status - How To Bring Up The Topic?!

I've been talking/dating this girl for about 6 weeks or so. I know when we first started hanging out, she didn't want a relationship. I didn't really either at that point. She likes me a lot, and I definitely like her a lot!! Now I want to make her my girlfriend, but am not sure if she wants a boyfriend yet. I want to bring up this conversation next time I see her, but am unsure of how to do so. I don't want to make it sound like I'm pressuring her into anything and force her away, bit I also don't want to just not bring it up and have her think I'm not interested in anything more than a friendship. Everyone that I know thinks we're "official" but we're technically not. What are some good ways of starting this discussion with her? How have you guys brought it up?!

This is not an easy thing to answer. First, drop a few hints to show that you like her (don't come on too strong though as this may creep her out). Then when you think you're ready, take her to a quiet place alone and camly tell her your feelings. If she doesn't feel the same way, act calmly and respect that, if you don't, keeping the friendship may be awkward.