+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A girl I'm trying to go out with told me to take things slow, what does that mean?

A girl I'm trying to go out with told me to take things slow, what does that mean?

Okay for the girls who know to take things slow in relationships, what does that mean? How do I know if I'm going too fast? Who leads and or what should I do so I don't step over the line? Also, to clarify, in no way am i pushing for a sexual relationship or any other special interests. I truly want a serious relationship. Is she thinking I just want one thing?

in what context was it used?

when it comes to kissing and hugging i think you can go pretty quickly, it's all about the initial passion, right? it's when a guy respects the fact that a girl may not want to have sex for a month or 2 that we know you may actually be pretty cool. but it depends on the people and what part of the relationship you mean, but that's how i interpreted it. hope that helps.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

it means she may be interested in you, don't try to be with her 24/7, let her breathe a little and if she calls you out then go.
    don't try to kiss or sex her, you won't get that anytime soon. so just be patient.
    also don't act like you love her on first sight, that will turn you down in seconds.
    just chat and chat.... train your tongue, god knows you may need it.

It means she isn't quite sure of her interest in you....hence wants to take it slow and to see if her feelings grow for you.

I like to take it slow with guys I'm unsure of. Obviously I like him enough and to want to see where things head, but I have to be totally 'feeling' it for him and before I can committ to something more serious.

What was the context?
    Anyway, you can’t go wrong moving in small steps, check if she is ok with it (you probably can tell by how she acts, maybe ask sometimes. Don’t worry, she might tell if it’s too “fast”). Show that you care about her, enjoy good time together. Make her feel comfortable with you and tell her, that you will move at the pace that she wants.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Basically she told me to take it slow in beginning a relationship of boyfriend and girlfriend. So I think you guys are right, I believe she want to get to know me first well before going out.

Taking it slow means the guys are responsible for the booze, rubber, and hotel room on the first date.

Slow, in both ways. Physically don't push for sex, and let her lead the way, and emotional wise, don't expect commitments from her or enforce anything. Just ring or text occasionally and not everyday unless it feels right to.

great. thanks for posting.
    It helps to know just what to say, the precise words and exact phrases that go straight to that certain part of a man's brain that tells him he has reached sexual paradise. All thanks to you, his amazing, stimulating dirty talking lover.