+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does a change on hair color means anything?

does a change on hair color means anything?

Hi.
    I'm just curious about something that you ladies may help me with.
    I'm 26yo and met a girl 24yo at college from one of the few classes we share (in fact she came sitting by my side while i was all alone) but we are from different courses.
    She has short black hair and after a few months between some meaningless conversation I told her that I liked girls with curled blonde hair just like Shakira. Months later she changed her hair to black/blonde straight, I did give some compliments as I see fit, and then I joked a little telling her she should curled it and be all blonde. A few days ago she indeed did it!

The problem is on 2009 year's end we had a party on a disco with all our college friends and we danced briefly together (she ended rubbing her hips on mine's, I believe that's a strong sign that she's attracted) but nothing more happened and I took her home that night.

I didn't give much attention to it (maybe I was a little touched by the drinks) we never talked much, we just go out with our common friends, I'm not interested in her, at least not now. But from that day on she ignores me, passes by and doesn't say hello, I say hello everytime I pass by her and she does talks that way but not much. She seems to avoid me whenever possible, for example if I'm at a table she says hello to the one's on the front table, passes by and goes to the one's on the back table.

She acts like I suddenly caught a plague or something, I never did something that could possibly harm/offend her. And acts in a snob manner, but only with me. I really don't get it, really I don't.

From time to time we arrange a dinner with everyone and now she takes with her what she calls " a new friend" much older than us, about 35yo, it's like she's trying to make me feel jealous from something I don't feel at all.

To me all this is just stupid.

What's your point of view on this? What could be on her troubled mind?
    Thanks.

do you have her number? you could always just ask if she's ok and see where it goes. do you like her just as a friend or maybe more? sounds like she tried to get your attention and failed and she's having another go now. i feel silly admitting it, but i would try to act a bit more snobbish around a guy i like... does she hold her head up a bit higher and seemingly look at you out of the corner of her eye/ be visible to you? if you'd want it to go further, id say have a proper chat with her.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

well i do have her number and MSN, i invited her by phone to go out with me a few times and she refused all of them. but she does not refuses when i call her to go out with everyone and always asks if i can pick her up. i always do. (but now i refuse to do so because of this retarded attitude)
    i only like her as a colleague nothing more, but she's pretty tough.
    she looks at me from the corner of the eye when she's at a distance talking to someone and I notice that often, and yes she holds her head up a bit higher (but i'm a little taller than her), and when she talks always looks me in the eyes, but not from a sweet way like most girls do, it's like she's trying to command respect and her questions and answers are very short like "good", "i did that also", "later" and that is not very amusing nor appealing when I chat with her.
    we don't talk much, and calling her asking if "she's ok" she would find it very weird and misplaced, the people here are not very open-minded and always expect that things may pop-up out of actions. she would propably think that i was interested in her, which i'm not.
    just trying to find out why women tend to all this trouble.

I have never changed my appearance for a guy i didnt feel strongly about and if that guy didn't give me the kind of attention i wanted, i would b upset too. The fact that ur not interested in her is a shame though, she probably is just upset. I think u need to just let it go.

If you only like her as a colleague, then why the heck even care why she acts the way she does.

The way to treat people who can't be civil to you, is to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by thundersw View Post
    well i do have her number and MSN, i invited her by phone to go out with me a few times and she refused all of them. but she does not refuses when i call her to go out with everyone and always asks if i can pick her up. i always do. (but now i refuse to do so because of this retarded attitude)
    i only like her as a colleague nothing more, but she's pretty tough.
    she looks at me from the corner of the eye when she's at a distance talking to someone and I notice that often, and yes she holds her head up a bit higher (but i'm a little taller than her), and when she talks always looks me in the eyes, but not from a sweet way like most girls do, it's like she's trying to command respect and her questions and answers are very short like "good", "i did that also", "later" and that is not very amusing nor appealing when I chat with her.
    we don't talk much, and calling her asking if "she's ok" she would find it very weird and misplaced, the people here are not very open-minded and always expect that things may pop-up out of actions. she would propably think that i was interested in her, which i'm not.
    just trying to find out why women tend to all this trouble.
    Do you have bionic eyes and because you are seeming to notice a lot and considering this is just a colleague.....so you say.

Women don't tend to be this amount of trouble, no. And in my opinion she is making no trouble for you. You are the one making the meal of it all....

Forget about why she does this or why she does that...and the drama will disappear.

I'm not trying to make any drama here.
    She pretty (and man "ussually" look around for them) and she is part of a small group that we have in college, I really don't care if she has 20 ou 50 new friends.
    I just found it curious and asked away in this forum.
    I do am interested in other girl not from the college, and I didn't change black, just because she told she liked some rapper. lolol
    I'm rather social and don't ignore people until they do something REAL stupid. It's ok with me.

I was referring to the 'internal' drama going on in inside of you, with this wondering over what she does, why she does it, etc, etc....

Just let her get on with it. One day she will grow up...hopefully.

hmmmp maybe. it might be they want to become attractive to mens. lol