+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do women want in men?

What do women want in men?

Okay, I'm a man.

I don't want people flaming this topic as I know it can be a very sensitive issue to some women. But I want some honest opinion here. And I don't want opinion from teenagers. I'd rather hear from people who are in a successful relationship for at least a year or more, or in a successful marriage for at least a year. And successful doesn't mean happily ever after, I mean just the regular couple with occasional fights. As long as you are happy with your partner, and not hating everything they do then thats fine.

I shall now list down a list of attributes. Perhaps ladies could rank them from most to least desirable. And I want ya'll to think long term!! I know being romantic is good, but you can't feed a marriage with romance alone!

I want to know what women appreciate, especially if they're thinking of settling down. This could be an opportunity for me to change myself.

Here goes:

1. Healthy (ie. men who are not morbidly obese, or severely malnourished. No HIV or Herpes. Not too old unless you are old yourself.)
    2. Wealthy
    3. Ambitious
    4. Funny
    5. Good in bed
    6. Fertile
    7. Impatient but rational - a problem fixer
    8. Patient but irrational - a listener, but can't fix problems
    9. Good insight - always willing to change
    10. Romantic
    11. Mysterious
    12. Good looks
    13. Family sorta guy
    14. X factor - Just clicks with you, understands you, can be your best friend.

Can ladies please rank them accordingly? And please DON'T allocate the same rank to any attributes! Perfect men don't exist!

I am most interested to find out.

All of the above, but in order of priority here goes:

1. Good looks (First and foremostly, I have to be attracted to his looks, else it's going no place)
    2. Healthy....looks after himself
    3. X factor - Just clicks with you, understands you, can be your best friend.
    4. Funny
    5. Good in bed.
    6. Ambitious.
    7. Romantic
    8. Family sorta guy
    9. Impatientt but rational
    10. Wealthy....

I lose interest in men who are too mysterious. Makes me think they have something to hide. I like men who are totally open and hide nothing...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I started to rank these, but then stopped. It isn't like these these things can really be ranked.

For me, the most important is the X factor, good in bed, ambitious (if that means employed in a field he is proud of), and that he fits well with my family. Those are pretty much deal-breakers.

Health is a relative term. There are certain conditions that are deal breakers, and others that aren't. HIV is a deal breaker. A history of skin cancer is not.

Funny, wealthy, good looks (assuming you mean extraordinarily handsome) - those are bonuses, not prerequisites.

I don't like how you made "problem solver" equivalent to impatient. Insightful is a given, but why must they be "always willing to change"? that implies they aren't very solid in their personality.

Mysterious - annoying
    Romantic - eh, I want to be the girl, so if he's too much in to that, I would be annoyed.
    Patient, but irrational and can't solve problems? no thanks.
    Fertile? eek! I don't want any more babies.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-09-10 at 11:41 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You put wealthy as your number 2. If I met a woman with those kind of priorities I"d leave in the blink of an eye. You some kind of gold digger?

Don't change yourself. Just find a woman who wants you as you are. Everyone deserves to find that.

Now to answer your question:

1. Family sorta guy
    2. Good looks
    3. X factor - Just clicks with you, understands you, can be your best friend.
    4. Healthy (ie. men who are not morbidly obese, or severely malnourished. No HIV or Herpes. Not too old unless you are old yourself.)
    5. Good in bed
    6. Ambitious
    7. Funny
    8. Romantic
    9. Good insight - always willing to change
    10. Wealthy

1. X factor - Just clicks with you, understands you, can be your best friend.
    2. Healthy
    3. Funny
    4. Family sorta guy
    5. Ambitious
    6. Good in bed
    7. Good looks
    8. Wealthy
    9. Fertile
    10. Romantic
    11. Impatient but rational - a problem fixer
    12. Patient but irrational - a listener, but can't fix problems (I'd prefer patient and problem-fixer, would have been really high in a top list)

12. Good insight - always willing to change (good, if it's a positive attitude to changes, development and keeping things interesting, but risky, if he is in a constant search of adventure)
    13. Mysterious - none of it, please

Hmm... most people rated X-factor as their top 3... That attribute is hard to come by.

This is coming from a guy.

At some point, you just have to stop caring about what women want - it doesn't matter what they want. It only matters what you want. The rest will take care of itself when you make your move.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Omg lol lol Hahahaha I just wanted to offend someone here for copying ... Whatever, this thread and gave me a little laugh
    I wazzzz here

i don't know about ranking these, but you can watch this if you want

youtube.

com

/watch?v=

2WtUsyMdCwA

sorry it's separated. Just copy and paste. Links require a min. of 15 posts from me and i just got started.

Quote Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
    Hmm... most people rated X-factor as their top 3... That attribute is hard to come by.
    Yes it is....

Some men are good looking, but as dull as dishwater. Some men are not physically appealing, but they have great personalities, etc.

I personally need the 'whole' package - good looks, but with a great personality to match - it's what appeals to me and different things appeal to different people.

For instance, one females cup of tea, would not be mine.....we all are looking for and want different things.

I rated 'looks' as being the No.1 thing.....but looks are NOT the only important thing and I wouldn't form a relationship with a guy, simply based on 'looks'. It is higly important also, that we get along on other levels, he is my best friend as well as my lover, he can make me laugh....etc, etc.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 18-09-10 at 11:10 PM.

some women needs love from mens but some woman need to flirt for them to make happy.