+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need a male perspective

need a male perspective

Hi guys --
    I'm a woman in my 40s, am told I am quite attractive, and am going through a separation from my live-in boyfriend. I'm setting up an apartment right now for myself and we have agreed to let the dust settle for the next 3 months before we finalize our breakup. I have to say I feel ready to move on but I figure that will be just as true 3 months from now as it is now, and I want to do this right so we don't disrupt our kids' lives at all (we have toddler twins).
    Here's the rest: I have become over the past few months very attracted to a colleague. We worked together for a few months last spring, and he raved about me to other colleagues. I'm fairly sure he's not involved with anyone. He says he's a "fan" of mine, compliments me on my clothes quite a bit, has bent over backwards to try to make sure I can work with him again, and I've caught him once looking at my -- um -- figure. He's a sweet, incredibly good, and very smart guy a few years younger than me -- about 40 -- and I am incredibly infatuated with him.
    We likely won't see each other much until February when we will probably be working more closely together again. However, he is taking me to lunch next week since we have to discuss something related to that work.
    I really want to let him know about the change in my status, and to in some way let him know that in the near future it would be okay for him to approach me -- if he wants to, that is.
    SO my questions are:
    Does it sound like he really likes me?
    How do I let him know about my change of status &my interest without throwing myself at him or giving the wrong signals?
    Any other insights into male perspective are welcome.
    Thanks!

how is anyone here supposed to know if he does like you, i dont know him and all i get is a paragraph, if you cant tell what chance do i have, if he was checking you out and he is not taken, then there is a possibility

regards to your second question, how you bring it to his attention, i dont know, tell him you are not looking forward to a hard day of moving furniture, hopefully he asks about it, take it from there

I'd say he sounded interested....but in which way who knows. Could just fancy you and would like a piece of you, which is different from wanting to settle down and form a committed relationship.

To let him know of your now status, just bring it over conversation and next week. Say something along the lines of, how you have been busy lately putting your new apartment together, but that you are looking forward to starting your new life alone - or something similar.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 19-09-10 at 04:58 AM.