+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to avoid a 'fishy' vagina?

accodata Guest

How to avoid a 'fishy' vagina?

I've heard some girls smell a bit fishy downstairs. Is it due to poor hygiene? How can you avoid this? Are girls who smell or taste like this aware of it? I'm paranoid that this will one day happen to me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You need to bathe regularly, and this (to me) means your vagina needs cleaning more than once a day, and definitely immediately before engaging in any intimate activities.

Women are very prone to yeast infections (especially if you wear non-cotton underwear or other tight clothing that traps moisture, have taken antibiotics for another reason, or are diabetic), which causes smelly discharge and itchiness. If you have these symptoms, you need to be treated with medications, because all the bathing in the world won't help.

Yeast likes warm, moist environments, and that is why your vagina could be a breeding ground...
    Last edited by vashti; 18-09-10 at 10:24 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There are these washing gels out there that don't contain any soap, especially suited for washing of the vagina. Soap isn't too good for down there you know, something with disturbing the pH etc. I have found that since I wash with these, well, let's say it's better. Besides that, you don't really need to worry. If you have good hygiene, wash regularly and sometimes indeed, clean up a little before having sex, it'll be fine. Every woman smells differently, and tastes differently down there, some stronger than others, but as long as it's clean, I've yet to come across the first guy who hates that. Most actually love the way women smell and taste down there.

hahahah this thread subject made me laugh. but yes sometimes girls have a yeast problem and it's not a hygene issue, it's more to do with the shite she consumes and if she takes any kind of prescription drugs. yoghurt is supposed to be good to help with yeast issues, but i reckon if a girl really is concerned she should just change her diet to include veg and probiotics
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Beats me that someone is so naive that they have to ask about how to avoid fishy smells...

The obvious answer is, get bathed or showered regular.

^^^it's not the real answer tho
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Some women just do not know how to wash their vagina, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by accodata View Post
    I've heard some girls smell a bit fishy downstairs. Is it due to poor hygiene? How can you avoid this? Are girls who smell or taste like this aware of it? I'm paranoid that this will one day happen to me.
    Well, if your vagina smells fishy, it is probably time for a checkup. A fishy smell coming from the vagina is a common symptom of a common infection known as BV or Bacterial Vaginosis. It is very easy to treat. Sometimes it can be treated with a single dose of an antibiotic that lasts for like a week. Other times it is needed to take that same antibiotic for like 5-7 days. But yeah, Bacterial Vaginosis is the usual cause of a fish smell coming from the vagina and is almost always easy to treat.