+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving Forward, or slow and steady?

Moving Forward, or slow and steady?

I was introduced to someone through a group of friends of mine in a group activity about six weeks ago.

Hit it off, actually have never hit it off so well with anyone in my life (36 years).

Got off to a slow start, she's extremely busy with work (50-60+ hours a week) and she's taking a few classes.

Met a few more times doing the same thing over last 4-5 weeks, week before last saw her quite a bit as I was helping her with something and we also had out first kind of date. Went some place with her for her job to introduce her to someone and later on went out to eat.

Had a great time, opened up a little bit. Spoke a little bit about relationships and she mentioned someone that was 1/2 stalking her and she made mention in regards to him that she was here for her job.

So... I'm thinking, is she hinting to me that she's here just for her job and isn't looking for a relationship or just speaking about him. Earlier this week I kind of brought that up when I was asking her to go out and she was delayed getting back to me. She commented that I was nothing like him and that she wanted to go.

Now during that evening and in other conversations she's made numerous mentions about doing this together, going here together, trying this type of food and what not.

This past week we had our first real date I guess, had a great time. Still lots of suggestions about doing different things together. I also invited her in three weeks time to go on a road trip with another friend of mine who she's met before and liked (female friend).

We now have hotel reservations with one another in three weeks, for three nights. My friend who will be coming with will be staying with a friend of hers.

So?? All that's happened between us in hugging, she knows I'm interested in her as I've told her so. Other than suggesting different things together she's made no real comments about how she feels about me, but she does touch me if given the chance. This past week when we were out, I had quite a bit of contact with her.

I'm in no hurry to rush into anything with her, but I don't want to get relegated to the friend zone either. I've met her dad a week ago at an event and got along quite well with him and she even made mention that her dad likes me and enjoyed talking to me.

Other than any real physical acts of intimacy, everything just feels right and she's opened up to me about a few things and had made mention that she's happy I enjoy so many of the same things as she does. The other day I think she wanted to invite me with her this weekend, but was a little gun shy about doing so?

I probably won't see much of her in the next two weeks as she's out of town this weekend and next and I've got plans as well. Scared to death to make a move and not have it reciprocated prior to us spending a weekend in a room together.

Just keep up what I'm doing now, little flirting and a few complements and not worry about when something happens or should I just ask her if it's OK if I kiss her? She knows I'm a little shy, but also knows that I enjoy being with her and that I'm attracted to her. I think she's been hurt pretty bad in the past and is extremely cautious.

All the regular signs point to be very interested, but it could also be looked at just being close friends as well?

Thanks for letting me vent

wooh great post. thanks for sharing.